Skyscraper

Monday afternoon, all practices were canceled throughout Dallas since it was storming outside. The sky was grey and the mood was calm through most of Texas. Not many people were doing anything, instead opting to relax for the day.

Just like most of other people around their city, Manny and Clover laid in their room together watching a movie on the tv that Mateo put in there. Neither one of them were saying much until the credits started rolling up the screen.

Both were laying in their pajamas, or lounging clothes as Manny was wrapped up in her pregnancy pillow and Clover was cuddled up with her stuffed animal Dante gave her along with a blanket.

"I need your advice." Clover said, holding her stuffed animal closed to her with her head on top of it.

Manny hummed from her spot next to her cuddled up with her pregnancy pillow. "What about?"

"Life." Clover replied. "Danny...kissed me. Twice. And...I...don't know what to do."

"Did you like it?" Manny asked, looking over at her best friend who was staring blankly at the wall.

She shook her head. "No. Not at all. I...I'm in a tough spot because I tried to tell Mateo but just mentioning him he was talking about how he did all the files like it was nothing. He likes him so much so I might just figure it out myself. Plus, it wasn't like he forced himself on me to have sex or something, they were just kisses."

"Does Dante know?"

Clover shrugged. "Kinda. I'm not suppose to tell him things that might make him mad or upset. But I feel like this is something that I need to tell him because I just need that support I get from him. Nowadays I just ask him about his day, give him advice or talk about shallow topics, and then say goodnight."

"Y'all still arguing?" Manny wondered, sitting up and climbing out of bed.

"No. We solved it, but should I say something to him?" Clover questioned, watching Manny walk around the room.

Manny nodded her head as she went to their desk and grabbed Clover's laptop. She propped it open on the bed right in front of Clover and video called Dante on the disposable phone he had since in his time zone, it would be around the time he'd be leaving dinner.

Manny walked out the room while the computer rang. Clover waited patiently until she saw his face pop up on the screen.

"Hey, baby girl. What's up?" He asked, walking around outside. The night sky was behind him as he sat down on the ground as he found a source of light so she could see him.

Clover smiled softly. "Hey. How are you?"

Dante shrugged as he scratched the side of his face where his stubble was growing in. "I'm pretty good. How's your day so far?"

"Lazy." She smirked. "It's storming out so there's no practice. How was your day?"

Dante looked up away from the camera and laughed before turning his attention back to her. "It was great. Julio says hi, by the way."

"Hi, Julio." Clover forced a fake chuckle. Dante got up and walked around as he looked at her.

"Why you seem so upset?" He frowned.

Clover sighed as she hid her face in her stuffed animal so she could think about what to say without him seeing right through her force field.

"Baby girl, look at me."

Clover looked up from the stuffed animal and looked at her long time boyfriend who had stopped walking and was watching her.

"What's wrong? What happened?"