The First Encounter

Shiemi POV:

It was another boring day at True Cross Academy. This was the first day of my second year and I was already incredibly bored of it. I just wanted to get out of here and go home.

On the bright side, it was the day a bunch of new kids come to the school. I need more friends. If I can just get on the good side of ONE popular girl, than my friend count will be raised from 0 to 1.

I stopped wearing kimonos after Yukio broke the news to me that the fashion was over 100 years old. And if not wearing kimonos makes Yukio fall in love with me, than I am willing to do anything.

Wearing a school uniform was just as bad though. The skirt is so short that it rides up until my panties are visible to everyone. This is bad. I may not be popular, but too many guys like me and I want that to stop. I love Yukio.

I walked down the campus paths looking down at my skirt. If it rides up again I swear I will buy--

"Oomph!" I was knocked back from the force and fell onto my back. Groaning, I began to pull myself up and prepared to lecture whoever ran into me about not running on campus.

"Hey, watch where you're go--"

Suddenly a hand extended in front of me. A tall boy with dark blue hair. He wore a white dress shirt, untucked and buttoned three buttons away from the top with a tie loosely hanging from his neck. He definitely forgot about the jacket that was supposed to go over the dress shirt and decided to go for a more casual, laid back look that was also against the dress code.

He was cute though. Really cute.

"Sorry! Are you okay?" I took his hand and he pulled me up effortlessly to my feet. "I'm really sorry."

"I'm fine," I responded. He was looming over me like a skyscraper to a house, but he held his head down in shame, making him seem like he was 5 feet shorter. "You should watch where you're going, though. It's dangerous to run on campus."

He looked slightly pissed off at my nagging him, but bowed his head. "Sorry. I was just trying to get away from someone. I'm Rin, by the wa--"

Just then, another boy rammed into Rin at full speed, knocking them both onto the grass next to the walkway. They tackled each other for like a full minute until the other boy finally had Rin pinned to the ground.

"Hey Shiemi. Was my older brother bothering you by any chance?"

"Yukio! I-I mean, Mr. Okumura!" I looked at Yukio, then at the boy he was pinning to the ground. This boy, Rin, was Yukio's older brother?! I would have never guessed considering Yukio is like half a foot taller than him.

Rin glared and bared his teeth at Yukio, exposing fangs that I've never seen on another person before. They just added on to his cuteness, and so do his small pointed ears.

What am I saying?! I can't think Rin is cute! He's Yukio's brother! I can't be disloyal to Yukio and fall for his brother instead! I'm such a bad person!

Yukio unpinned Rin from the ground. Rin got up in one swift motion, spinning onto his feet and beside Yukio, who just grabbed Rin's head and pulled some of his blue hair.

"Shiemi, allow me to introduce you to my dorky brother Rin. He's a bit clumsy at times, and he also is an introverted socially awkward geek, so he can't properly apologize to you, so--"

Rin shoved Yukio away. "I'm not socially awkward or introverted, you shithead!" Rin then walked up to me again. I swallowed in nervousness. He was so close I could smell him. He smelled nice.

"Anyways, do you happen to know where the P.E. room is? I'm pretty sure I'm late by now and I still need to get changed."

I was looking into his eyes. He had beautiful blue eyes. The kind where it feels like whenever they're looking at you they soften your heart. I could look at his eyes all day--

Oh right, he asked a question. I need to answer.

"Actually I'm going there right now," I said. "We can go together if you want."

He smiled again, showing his two small fangs on his top teeth. "That'll be great! Thanks!"

As we started walking side by side, Yukio awkwardly intervened by putting his arms around both of our shoulders from behind. I felt his hand on my arm and blushed at the touch of his skin.

He smiled a forced, intentionally fake smile. "You wouldn't mind if I come along with you, would you? I'm supposed to shadow him. I n  o r d e r   t o  m a k e  s u r e  h e  d o e s n ' t  d o  a n y t h i n g  s t u p i d,  right?" He made an effort to stretch out his words and forced the word 'right' out last.

Rin chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck in nervousness. "You don't need to worry about me, little brother. I'm very smart, in case you didn't know."

Yukio let out a m-hm, but didn't leave us alone. He put his arms down, making me a little sad, and walked in between the two of us down the rest of the pathway and into the school.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the first part of my fan fiction! This is the first romance story I've written. If you like this story, comment and please continue reading! I will try to write a new part as often as possible.