Dodgeball

Rin POV:

I set Shiemi down right before we entered the gym. It smelled of freshly waxed pine flooring, a sign that the janitors must have worked their asses off cleaning the entire campus for us students to just mess it up again.

Standing on the elevated part of the floor was my brother Yukio, whom I've always liked calling four-eyed mole face, because that's what he is; a glasses nerd with a full face of moles. I'm in disbelief. I refuse to accept the fact that my baby brother is coaching me in PE. Sports is the last thing he'd sign up for if he'd had a choice of classes.

And not only was I suspicous of the fact that he was teaching me PE class, but he was teaching in general! He's the same age as the rest of us, only 15, but he's our superior right now. The whole situation made my brain hurt.

I watched as Yukio began to line up the dodgeballs on the half-court line. One of my favorite games. Who doesn't like a good game of pummeling people with giant rubber weapons?

I'm surprised this is a co-ed class. Normally a PE class is divided by gender, but I saw that at least half of this class was girls, including Shiemi. There was one purple haired girl next to Shiemi, clearly an introvert, with a look to her that suggested she might stab you in the gut if you ever mess with her. I made a mental note to myself not to throw a dodgeball at her.

Shiemi stood on the opposite side of the gym, bouncing on her toes, her blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. I began to stretch out my legs and arms, feeling my muscles loosening and my bones cracking.

Yukio called out from the elevation in the floor. "Here are the rules, which I'm sure everyone here already knows: eliminate the enemy team by striking them all with a dodgeball. Once you get hit, line up on the edge of the court. If a teammate catches a ball, the first person in the line gets to resume playing. Head shots are legal; its your job to dodge them. I'm sorry, but those were the rules assigned to me by our principal Melphisto."

I chuckled menaically and cracked my knuckles. This would be fun.

Yukio looked at me with a glare, but still placed a coaches whistle in his mouth. "Ready..."

He blew the whistle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the sixth part of my fan fiction! Again, this is the first romance story I've written so I apologize for how bad it is, but I think it's progressing nicely. But if you still like this story, comment and please continue reading! I will try to write a new part as often as possible.

Also sorry for the really bad chapter, but I had a little writers block! I hope next chapter will be better!