New Room

Rin POV:

Aki stood outside Sakura's dorm, looking up at the window on the second floor he knew was hers. It was wide open, allowing fresh air to enter.

"Sakura," he whispered loudly. "Sakura!"

Slight footsteps sounded that we were able to hear in the quiet of the night. A girl appeared and leaned out the window. "Aki? Rin? Shiemi?" She let out a long, heavy sigh. "You guys are safe. Thank god."

Aki waved his hand in the air. "No big deal, running away from people with guns. Anywho, we're all gonna hang out at Rin and Shiemi's new dorm," he exclaimed, nudging me in the elbow again. Sakura laughed and smiled at Shiemi. I blushed.

"Cool! Where and when?" she asked, a smile playing on her face.

"Um..." Aki looked worried and leaned near me, whispering in my ear. "How long do you think a good cake will take?"

I wondered. If I made a quick, simple chocolate cake, one that's totally plain, it would take about 40 minutes. Too long for right now.

"Let's do the cake tomorrow," I told him. "Better for time. I'll make it early in the morning for you guys."

He nodded, then looked back up at Sakura's window, where she stood and peered down at us with excitment. Aki smiled in return. "Now, maybe? I wouldn't wanna drag you away from any homework you're doing. God knows how much fun you could be having up there. Wouldn't want to take you away from it."

Sakura giggled. "Yeah, Yukio assigned that plant test for us to do."

Aki sighed. "Ah yes, plant names. The joys of life could not be summed up in any better way. Wouldn't want to invite you to an awesome sleepover when you're already enjoying yourself."

Sakura laughed again. "I'll be down there in two minutes. Wait for me!" And with that she shut her window closed with a loud crash and started to gather up items.

Aki smiled. "What a nice girl."

"Aki's in looove," I mocked, and raised my fist to punch him in the arm again.

Suddenly he jumped backwards and held up his hands in defense. "What did I do to deserve one of your friendly punches? I'm innocent, man!" He soothingly rubbed the arm that I had punched a bit earlier.

The three of us simultaneously laughed as the dorm door opened and a girl with a white ponytail jogged out to meet us.

"So, where is this dorm?" she asked, and right after saying that latched onto Aki's arm like a leech. Aki started blushing like mad, a hand rubbing the back of his neck in nervousness. Both Shiemi and I looked at him with skeptical and joking eyes.

"Off we go!" Shiemi exclaimed, pointing in the direction of our new dorm. She started walking and we followed suit. The stars illuminated the world as us, four friends, strolled down the sidewalk, Sakura and Aki arm in arm, and Shiemi and I hand in hand.

"Here we are," Shiemi exclaimed. "Home sweet home."

A paper hung from Aki's thumb and forefinger, which contained the code for the dorm. With a quick and fluid motion, the door was unlocked and light pooled in our eyes.

The dorm smelled musty and unused, almost as if no one had opened it in years. Dust lined all of the lobby's furniture. Scattered items of all kind lay on the floor. People must have been using this place as a hideout or something.

Shiemi tapped me on the shoulder, drawing my attention to her. "Tomorrow we should clean up this mess a bit. Make it feel more welcoming."

I could't agree more. This place was a dump.

"So what room are we on?" I asked Aki, who continued to study the piece of paper.

After a few seconds, he gave us the answer. "Um....room 509 on the fifth floor. Said to be a beautiful room, but I believe otherwise." Everyone nodded in agreement.

We took the elevators up to the fifth floor. As the door opened, more dust filled our nostrils with unpleasant scents and itchiness. A small label on the front of a wooden door signified the room's number: 509. This was it.

Aki turned the doorknob and threw the door wide open. We braced ourselves for the worst.

However, it wasn't actually that bad.

The room was almost double the size of my old dorm, which I shared with Yukio. The beds weren't bunk-beds, and there was clearly a duplicate of this room, since it was supposed to hold a disabled person.

In the center was the living quarters, which composed of a very small kitchen with a few eating surfaces and a couch. It almost seemed more like a hotel or small apartment than a high school dorm.

The room was clean. Someone must have expected our arrival and tidied up the place before we came. That was thoughtful of them.

Shiemi and Sakura immediately found one of the bedrooms and collapsed on the carpet floors. Shiemi sighed.

"It's good to be indoors," she started. "You know you're safe."

"Agreed," Sakura piped.

Aki and I continued to stroll around the room. Aki let out a low whistle. "This room's not actually too bad. You're gonna have a lot of fun with Shiemi. Fun." He kicked my shin a bit.

I laughed. "Seriously, you can't go one day without cracking at least one sex joke, can you?"

He smiled. "Nope. Sex jokes are part of my nature."

I entered the kitchen, checking out every tool and every machine. The refridgerator hummed, and I opened its doors to check out its content.

Empty.

With a heavy head, I quickly shot a text to Shura. If you can, my friends and I need some eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, flour, and milk before nine pm.

Almost immediately Shura shot back.  Got it kid

After a thorough examination of the rest of the room, the four of us gathered around the couch, prepared to have the most fun night of their lives within the next few hours.

Thank you for reading the thirty-third chapter of this story! Yes, this was REALLY bad. I'm sorry about that. I just came back from the BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!!!! So I still hope you like it!