Surer of Anything

Rin POV:

How can she be cold hearted enough to bring up Father Fujimoto?

No good person would ever bring up someone else's dead parent, no matter what the situation is. Those would be the words of the people who have absolutely no common sense.

I couldn't feel anything but rage, burning white hot in my system. Nothing more was evident in the moments leading up to now except the fact that I was purely and truly angry to my core.

I can't seem to piece together the logic and reasoning behind her decisions. So what if Yukio an I got into a little scuffle? Why should she interfere with my life beyond anything that directly affects her? What right does she have?

I knew that I gave her my heart, which means she could make it or break it as she pleases. But this was breaking someone beyond being boyfriend and girlfriend. It was as if I was nothing to her. As if she was nothing to me. 

The policemen dragged my by my handcuffs down a long hall, whereas Shiemi was being ushered kindly and gently. It's not like I resisted in the slightest, I was like a walking sack of flour. I was simply moving in the direction they wanted me to, and this is how I was treated? A teenager for reacting at someone bringing up a dead parent? As if my response wasn't justified? They don't know the whole story. I don't deserve to be treated this way.

I could feel Shiemi's eyes following me, following every direction the cop shoved me in. As I tossed and turned under his influence, her eyes went that way to, coldly. I could sense it.

Soon we were thrown together inside a small jail cell. It was clean, yet unpleasantly decorated, how it was so impersonal. It reminded me of the first time Shiemi and I kissed locked in the dorm room, both zoned out with intoxication. There was a time when I was so very love-struck, so entranced in her beauty and kindness that I couldn't simply look deeper. Look at who she truly was and what it would mean to me.

Puppy-love was strange, that way. Once we got each other, it had to be then when our true selves would shine, just like the opposite of tsunderes. We were so focused to getting the other person, but once it happened we turned our backs without hesitation. It didn't even take a day.

I stood leaning against one corner of the building with my hands shoved in my pockets like I once saw Aki do. Shiemi sat against the wall, her head swaying against her knees. I refused to make eye contact with such a monster.

I remember how she left me. Why did I still wish she was by my side after something like that? I was so blind, so sad. She had called me a demon, a monster.

Who's the real demon, Shiemi?

Soft sobs that Shiemi had tried to stifle reached my ears. Before, I would have done anything in my power to comfort her, to make her feel better, to hug her and tell her everything was gonna be okay. It's what I planned after I finally confessed my feelings to her.

Now, the sound didn't affect my emotions whatsoever.

Even so, I wished she would stop crying. She didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I sort of felt like thanking her for revealing her true self long before the relationship even progressed to a serious level. So I wanted her to be angry, to scream and shout and yell mercilessly at me, and not take pity on me.

It was strange, the emotions I felt. But I've never been surer of anything in my life.