I Will Protect You

Rin P.O.V:

Yukio finally left. I can talk to Shiemi in private. I just need to change into my gym clothes. Then I'll wait for her and we can talk all we want.

"I'll change first, and then you can."

"Sure."

I entered the small, surprisingly sweet-smelling room and closed the door behind me. Locking it, I realized how soundproof the room was. Outside of it commotion riddled the streets, audible from even a place such as practically the dead center of the physical education building on campus. In here it was as if none of that ever happened.

I slipped into my shorts and tee-shirt quickly in an effort to not waste too much time so I'd have more time in the halls with this new girl. Looking in the wall mirror, which was surprising clean again, what caught my eye was my ears and teeth. I'd forgotten about my new appearance! It happened so recently I'd the faintest idea it might give people the wrong idea. I'm not going to bite them with my sharp teeth, and my hearing is just as bad, pointy ears or not.

I guess this is the appearance of a demon-human hybrid, and I can't escape it.

At least I was able to hide my tail. It's convenient to be able to control this extra body part so easily. I simply wrap it around my torso and it's all covered by my shirt. Not the worsts idea I've had.

I exited the dressing room. Shiemi was waiting patiently for me with her hands intertwined behind her back.

"Your turn," I told her.

"I'll be quick!"

She entered and began to shut the door, but right before it closed all the way, she stuck her head and hand out. "No peeking!" she added on.

"What kind of boy do you think I am?!" I responded with a toothy grin. She smiled back and shut the door.

Just then I realized there actually was small, eye sized hole in the wall covered by what looked like a piece of glass. So despite there being a hole, the room remained soundproof.

Some pervert boys definitely put it there for the purpose of spying on girls as they changed. It's hard to believe no adult or other authority found out about it, let alone predicted it. What was the point of having a random gender neutral changing room anyways?

"Someone just entered the changing room." My ears perked up as I heard an unfamiliar voice. "A girl?" he continued.

"Probably," another one said. "Look, there's a guy standing by the door. Ask him."

I turned to the two of them, one in jeans and an open jacket not fully covering his bare torso, the other in a tight white tank top and a sagging pair of track pants. My face contorted into disgust.

"Why aren't you peeking?" The one in the jeans asked me. "A girl's in there, right?"

I felt myself turn beet-red at the idea of seeing Shiemi changing. She was really pretty, no doubt. I'm glad I ran into her. I want us to get to know each other, hang out a bit more, and maybe I could even get a kiss or two out of this girl and--

I snapped back into reality suddenly, right as one of the boys leaned over to peek through the peep-hole.

"She's hot!" he exclaimed. "Take a look!"

The other boy followed his friend. His nose immediately started bleeding.

"Sure you don't wanna look, man?" Tank-top kid asked me. "She's in her panties right now and I saw her take off her shirt. Right now she must be taking her bra off!" He looked exited at the thought as the other stuck his face back where the hole was.

"She's taking her bra off! Slowly though. Hurry up!"

"Don't you dare look at her!" I tackled the peeping one to the ground and started throwing punches right at his face. I'd had enough. I should have done this right when they started. "You perverts!"

"Shit! He's wild!" Tank-top kid exclaimed. "Dude, get out!"

"He's not--oomph!--letting me--ugh!--go!"

"Protect Shiemi...protect Shiemi...I will protect her!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I'm used to fighting. I'm used to making my way into street fights, or even starting them myself. I've gotten beaten up hundreds of times, and have beaten others hundreds of times. Always protecting others, always fighting for my brother, or fighting for some poor other kid being picked on. But this felt different. I was fighting for this girl's privacy. Peeping Tom's disgust me.

Once I stopped uncontrollably but strategically throwing punches at this boy, I grabbed him by the two sides of his unzipped jacket and lifted him off the ground. His feet dangled in the air, thrashing wildly, but he lacked the energy to progress.

I purposely aimed for the sides of his face in order to not draw too much blood. It would still hurt like hell. He would have some nasty bruises tomorrow.

"D-demon..." he said.

"Don't you fucking call anyone a demon. Now go." Adrenaline coursed through my veins. I will protect her. I've known her for less than an hour, but I'll stay with her. And I'll protect her.

The boys sprinted out, not risking getting mauled again. I was breathing shallowly, supporting myself with one hand pressed against the wall.

They didn't see anything, did they? I thought to myself. I hope not.

Just then, the door to the dressing room flew open and out came Shiemi, twirling in her shorts and athletic tee. I blushed.

"What happened to you?" she exclaimed once she saw my face. "Looks like you just ran a marathon."

"Um...yeah. That's what I did."

"Right..." She smiled. "Shall we go?"

I gently touched her hand with my own, and she slipped hers in mine. My face turned beet-red once more as we walked down the halls, hand in hand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the third part of my fan fiction! Again, this is the first romance story I've written so I apologize for how bad it is. But if you still like this story, comment and please continue reading! I will try to write a new part as often as possible.