Running Water

Shiemi POV:

After a shower that seemingly lasted for over 10 minutes, I wrapped myself up in a towel. The hot water significantly soothed my throbbing head and helped my muscles coordinate a bit more.

The fragrance emitted from my hair filled the room, along with steam from the droplets evaporating on my skin. I pulled the robe off of its hanger and wrapped it tightly around my body.

I wonder where Rin is. He said he was just putting the clothes in the wash, nothing more. He said he would be quick. Where was he?

I exited the bathroom and made my way towards the door that lead to the hallway. I reached for the door knob and twisted, preparing to be greeted by a bunch of kids who woke up in the same condition as me; nauseous and hungover with kissing marks and hickeys marking their faces and necks.

 But surprisingly the hall was empty except for one boy, who was leaning against the wall holding two shirts, two pairs of shorts, a dress and a few other items.

"Hey," Rin greeted me again with a smile. "I-is it okay if I come in?"

I opened the door a bit wider and Rin walked in nervously with his back slouched. I stifled back some giggles.

"The washing/drying process didn't actually take very long, so I figured I'd let it run its course as I grabbed us some clothes that aren't stained with beer," he told me. I laughed. I vividly remember me challenging him to walk across the room balancing three cups of alcohol on his head. His adorable face of concentration made me laugh uncontrollably for a while.

I just remember having loads of fun last night with Rin. No matter how drunk I was, I would never forget the feeling of enjoyment. Even though I don't remember my actions.

"So...you want to change in the bathroom or in here?" Rin asked. He handed me a white tee and a pair of girl's basketball shorts. "They only had men's shirts so I just tried to estimate your shirt size. Sorry if I got it wrong."

We were both in bathrobes, completely naked underneath the thin layer of fabric. I blushed as I felt my skin rub against the cloth.

The robe didn't cover our arms. Like a tank top it wrapped below my armpit and over my shoulder to expose my limbs.

Rin had the same one too, but as I looked at him and his arms of slim, lean muscle, I noticed something.

"What happened to your arm?!" I yelled.

A large gash tore through the skin covering his deltoid and was covered with dried up blood. I could see where blood trickled down his arm. It left a small line of red where it had gone.

It was unlikely that the wound was caused by an accident. The probability of him tripping or something and receiving a perfectly straight cut such as his. It had to be manmade.

Nonetheless, he shrugged it off with a kind smile. "I just tripped and fell on the wall, which had a nail. No big deal." But even as he said that the fear in his eyes was evident. Something had happened last night that I slept through.

"O-okay..." I made sure my tone sounded suspicious as I started at him, worried.

He rubbed the back of his neck and blushed. That seems to be the thing me most does when he's nervous. It was cute. But right now I was more worried that he was getting bullied on his first day of school.

Once we came back together after we changed in separate rooms, Rin started talking immediately.

"Seriously, Shiemi, I'm fine. How are you doing? You must have a wicked hangover, right? Can I get you anything?"

Rdirecting the conversation about me. I knew what he was doing, but I couldn't help but talk about myself.

"Yeah. I woke up this morning with a headache and tried to remember everything. I didn't actually remember you at first, but I saw you on the floor and then started remembering again. Why didn't you just sleep in the bed with me?"

All of that came out in one long stream of words without me thinking about what I just said to him. He blushed like a tomato and averted my gaze. I smiled, trying to play it cool, but inside I was freaking. How would he respond to my question?

"Well...umm...I mean, it's a small bed, and it would probably be a bit creepy for you to wake up with some stranger you just met."

"But you're not a stranger," I told him. "You're Rin. I feel like I've known you my whole life."

I walked over to where he was and pulled him into a hug. I rested my tired head on his bare shoulder. His skin was warm like usual, always heating up and soothing my cold heart. He returned the hug, pulling me in by my waist and holding me tight. I could feel myself loosten up and destress in his comforting grip. I shut my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously though, thank you so much for finishing this fifteenth chapter, I know it was boring and bad but I really hope within a few chapters things will catch up a bit again. I find hugs to be SO ADORABLE as I think a lot of people do as well. Thank you so much!!