Useless

Rin POV:

The nurse didn't dry my hair well enough. Drips of water soaked the shoulders of my white tee shirt. This would go on for another four weeks...

If I had just broken my fingers, I would have still been able to function in daily life. The doctors would have just taped each finger to another finger and I could still move using the joints at my knuckle.

But no--Raging Rin had to go and obliterate almost all of the bones in my hand. Stupid.

I walked out of the dressing room muttering to myself how stupid it was to go and break concrete walls because I was just a little upset. The opaque motion sensing door slid open. I slowly shuffled my feet to make my way down the hallway and back to my room.

Room 215, day and night. This little, actually quite cozy room was where I'd be staying because I had no one to properly take care of me. There was no emergency bed or anything like that, it simply looked like a small minimalist bedroom. It wasn't like my life was in danger and I needed intnsive care.

My hands were beginning to sweat under the casts blocking said sweat from escaping. It was slimy. Not the most pleasant feeling in the world.

Everything had to be done for me. Showering, brushing my teeth, doing my homework, practically everything. Even getting dressed called for some assistance.

I knocked on the door with my foot. The door opened for me and I walked inside, closing the door myself. I had to at least do something by myself to feel even remotely useful.

"How was showering with someone feeling you up?" Aki questioned.

I laughed. "Amazing. It was almost as if the nurse was a girl."

As I said that Aki burst out in a fit of laughter. "Your nurse wasn't even a girl?!" More laughter. I joined in.

"Anywho, that's all about to end and we can leave this godforsaken depressing place. We found someone who's willing to take care of you back at the school."

I smiled. "Really? As long as it's not that nurse again. Damn, look at how he dried my hair."

Aki grinned maniacally. "Not the same. In fact, she's a girl. I'll just...leave the room and you guys can get to know each other."

I felt like I heard him mumble the word 'again' right before he exited the vicinity of my hearing range. What's that supposed to mean?

I walked slowly deeper into the room, looking around for whoever this supposed caretaker was.

"Hello?" I said softly. "Anyone?"

Suddenly, someone's arms wrapped around my neck from behind in an embrace. I stopped in my tracks, surprised.

Her presence and warmth were familiar, though. Her scent and the feeling of her skin against mine could easily make me tremor.

I rotated around within her grasp and returned her hug. I slipped my arms around her waist and pulled her in closer to me. I could feel her fragile body pressing against mine.

It felt good to be reunited with Shiemi again.

But I began to feel tears against me. Her tears. They soaked into my already wet tee shirt. Her cheek was against my chest as she cried. I reached up to stroke her hair.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm sorry, Rin. I'm sorry..."

My heart just split listening to her so sad. And she was sad because of me. I had to fix this.

"I'm sorry too," I told her. "For not telling you about me earlier. I missed you."

"But I said...I...said..."

"I'm so happy you forgave me. So happy."

"I...I" she began. "I want you with me. I want to be together, to stay together. Forever."

"Forever and ever," I responded. "For as long as you want."

She broke off and turned around, wiping tears off of her face. Glad that she's not looking this way yet. At least she's not seeing what my face looks like now. I was tired and my entire face was the color of a strawberry. Blushing sucks sometimes.

But she turned around after a few seconds. I straightened my back.

"There's something I want to do," she said. "I hope you don't mind."

"Sure. What is it?"

She looked at the ground and giggled. "Well, I want to do it sober this time. I don't remember."

I was just confused now. "Umm...okay? What is--"

My sentence was cut off. Shiemi suddenly took my face in both of her hands and softly, sweetly...kissed me.

Her soft lips gently came in contact with mine. My body tingled every place we were touching. Our faces, lips, torso, legs, and hands. Her hands rested on my shoulders and mine around her waist, one cast resting on top of the other.

And just like that, time stopped with her in my arms.

She ran her fingers through my hair and kissed me harder. I'm pretty sure she could feel the heat being emitted from my face. My face was burning with blush. It was embarrassing, which just made me blush more.

When we broke off, she was breathing heavily, and so was I. She looked at her feet. So did I, both of us nervous and slightly embarrassed. But that only lasted a few seconds. I pulled her close, so quickly that she let out a small gasp. Our lips touched once more.

And we didn't break off again for a very, very long time

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the twenty-fifth part of this story! So I've said this before, but I'll say it again; when I write this story, its almost as if I'm reading it. So when I read a kissing scene, I'm literally giggling like a fan girl or just smiling and murmuring "they kissed! THEY KISSED!" So that's sort of what I do when I write...which is really weird, and people have asked me things like "who kissed?" and I would respond with "the characters I'm writing about. They kissed!" So that explains why people think I'm weird...Anywho thank you for reading! Please vote, comment, and follow my profile and I update every day!