Safe and Sound

Rin POV:

I didn't think my hands were gonna heal that fast.

I thought my demon regenerative abilities only worked for flesh wounds. Idiot. Why wouldn't it work for bones as well?

Thank god for that, though. Guess there are some good things about being the son of Satan.

The first chance I got I threw off the wrappings binding my hands in place. I had no idea they were fully healed until I instinctively grabbed Seiya's leg. They could have been healed all this time and my reactions to people kicking and squeezing my hands were just psychosomatic.

I flexed and moved my fingers. All better. And my stab wounds had healed as well. Hurt like a bitch, though. I wish the regenerative powers also were able to shut out pain.

Every cut I got, every bone I break and every severe wound I receive can be quickly healed. Does Yukio have this too? I wonder.

The dried up blood still caked on my stab wounds and arm wound. I should wash that off soon. It looks misleading, like I'm just a boy who can't prevent getting injured.

At least Shiemi and Aki were okay. They didn't receive any wounds, thankfully. Both of them were under my arms, Aki hugging us platonically and Shiemi's head resting in the crook of my neck, sobbing until her tears rolled down my skin and soaking my shirt.

"No one's hurt, thank god," I told them. "And I got demon healing powers. Being the son of Satan isn't all bad." They both smiled in return.

Suddenly Aki shifted uncomfortably next to Shiemi and I, who were as close together as possible.

"Am I in the way here?" Aki asked, devoid of emotion.

"Yeah," Shiemi brusquely responded. I started laughing.

Aki stood up and walked over to where Shura was standing. She saved us from all going to jail. Good thing she's doing her job all the time without flaw.

"Are you Rin's guardian?" he simply questioned.

"Yep," she said and ruffled my hair. "From now until the day you die, kiddo."

"What happened to that security guard?" Shiemi questioned, taking her head out from my neck. "Why did he leave?"

Shura chuckled nervously. "Let's just say I'm good at bribing people...So you guys gonna head to town and eat, or go back to the school, or the hospital, so what's going on here? Or you guys gonna keep cuddling in the middle of a train?"

We both blushed and backed away from each other a bit. "U-Um, whatever you wanna do, Shiemi."

Shiemi stuttered as well. "H-How about we go back to school?"

"Got it!" Shura winked at her and left to supposedly find us a route back to the hospital, then back to school.

I was in the middle of brushing my shirt clean of dust when Shiemi leaned into me, her mouth next to my ear. Her breathing against me sent shivers down my body.

"Uh-Um.....When we get back..." She fidgeted with her bracelet. "Do you think you could cook something? And then can we still head over to our new dorm even though you're healed?"

I felt my face burn up. Shiemi...still wanted to stay in the same room...with me?

She continued to stir uncomfortably. "If you're okay...I was just wondering because....I have nightmares about things like this, and you make me feel safe and all, and--"

I cut her off. "Sure. We can still stay in that dorm. As long as you want."

Shiemi grinned and stopped fidgeting. Suddenly she stood up brightly and happily, as if two minutes ago never happened. "So!" she began. "Should we go?"

I got up too, slowly because my sides still ached from the pain from before. "Yep. Let's leave this dump."

Aki followed after us as we left to hop onto a new train in search of the hospital.

The new train we got on was clean and empty, perfect for a nice, peaceful ride back to the hospital to pick up our stuff. Shura decided to stay behind and 'dispose' of Seiya. I really wished th boy just died from getting his head slammed into the wall, rather than simply falling unconscious. But sometimes life isn't fair.

Aki sat on my left side, showing me some videos on his phone. We spent most of th car ride laughing so hard that othe passengers decided to either switch carts or tell us to shut the hell up or else. I don't know what that 'or else' was, but I didn't care. After the event we all just encountered, a little laughter was amazing.

Shiemi sat on my right side, leaning against my shoulder. Her arms were folded in her lap and she had in earbuds, listening to music that was so loug, I could hear it. Good thing it blocked out our laughing.

She was sleeping soundly away, her breathing syncing up with the rythem of the incredibly slow song she was listening to. The adrenaline rush must have drained her of energy.

The three of us were safe. We were uninjured, unharmed and happy. That's all that matters to me.

Thank you for reading the thirty-first chapter! I haven't actually mentioned this, but I'm really sorry for any spelling errors throughout this story. A lot of this story I have to type out on an ipad that doesn't have autocorrect (it's a school ipad) and I suck at typing. So glad to get that out of the way. Please vote, comment, and follow my profile and I update every day!