Daddy's Detective

You couldn't believe your eyes. There was so many sights to feast your eyes on, and because it was your first time at the circus, you were eager to soak it all up. The smell of buttery popcorn mixed with sweet cotton candy, the way the sky was alight with shimmering stars, the flags that darted around in the wind, the festive and pleasant atmosphere as the patrons walked by, the cheering and laughter of children, it was all so beautiful. It seemed impossible for anything to go wrong, even though this was Gotham, the mood felt right, like you were safe here. You knew you didn't have anything to fear because your father, Jim, was around, so surely if anything did come up, he would be right there by your side and able to handle the situation with ease. You looked up to your father, he was a notable man, always putting the safety of the citizens of Gotham first no matter what, and he carried his badge with such pride. Because of him you were no damsel in distress, he taught you everything you needed to know about guns and how to take care of yourself in case he wasn't around, which proved to be effective when opportunity stroke. There was many perks to being the daughter of a detective, you were quick to catch onto that. As long as you two were by one another's side, everything was sure to be okay.

The big show was about to start so you and Jim stopped by to get some cotton candy at one of the booths before you two turned a corner and entered the largest tent you had ever seen. You both walked in, finding two empty seats in one of the bottom rows. The big top gradually began to fill up and echoed everyone's conversations off of its flimsy canvas. You turned to look at Jim with a smile before the show started, which he instantly returned and then wrapped his arm around your shoulder. He turned back when a voice boomed inside of the tent.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Haly's Circus of traveling wonders!"

"It's starting!" you whispered excitedly, taking a bite of your cotton candy that immediately melted on your tongue, your eyes glued onto the stage before you. You didn't blink from fear of missing even one second of this event. The lights dimmed and smoke filled the room. The lights flashed back on abruptly in different shades of blue and spun around the tent.

The trapeze acts started from the Flying Graysons, and it was a sight to see. The performers were oscillating about with the leverage of the trapeze bar to guide their movements, there was such a graceful flexibility to every back and forth swing. Your heart pounded with anticipation of their next move and they never disappointed, you were in complete and utter awe of their beautifully executed techniques. When the act finished, the audience went wild and began clapping loudly for all the performers.

"Give it up for the Flying Graysons, everyone!" the announcer exclaimed, and the applause only grew noisier accompanied by the joyous cheering of the audience.

When the Graysons left the stage, clowns in a clown car drove onto the stage, and once they came out of it, they were quick to start juggling while some rode on unicycles, and others were playing music. The tent was filled with entertainment, a happy crowd, and performers eager to please, but then it took an unexpected turn. One of the clowns picked a fight with a performer, and some of the others joined in on the brawl. Left and right punches were being exchanged amongst the people on the stage, and within a matter of moments everyone was fighting.

Jim made a grimace once he realized that this was not part of the act. He turned to his side to shoot you an annoyed look before he stood up from his seat, walking over to the stage until he was only a few steps away from the platform, holding his badge up and shouting, "GCPD! Everybody freeze!"

Damn this was a long one there is probs gonna be a small story based aroud it so i hope you enjoyed xx