Rain

Rain. The condensed moisture of the atmosphere falling visibly in separate drops. It's funny how something so complex can have the most simple effects. The sound of rain has always soothed you. Calmed your nerves, drowned out the lingering memories that won't unlatch themselves from your mind. Like each individual memory had their own hook, their own hold on you.

Your childhood wasn't the easiest. Actually that's putting it lightly. It's like you whole childhood was a living nightmare that you couldn't escape. Your dad was a deadbeat drunk that beat you whenever he had the chance. Often bringing back a different woman every night to 'entertain' them. Just thinking about it had you rolling your eyes in disgust and a violent tremor shook your body.

Needless to say you ran away. At 16 you decided you'd had enough. You ran away into the night, where you met Selina, you became best friends from there and were completely inseparable. That was until you met Jerome. Jerome changed you, showed you a different side to the world, freed you. He gave you the courage to kill your dad, he said it would help, and It did for while. Everything was good, until he died. Leaving you alone in the dark, again.

Ever since Jerome died you had been living with Selina and honestly you enjoyed this life, living on the street and being free with zero control and authority. Sure you were slightly unstable but hey! What's life without a little fun? Anyway, Selina helped you through a lot of things so you couldn't complain when she became besties with Billionaire Boy Bruce Wayne. You knew there was something else going on but she swore blind they were just friends, you knew better. Again, you wasn't surprised when Selina wouldn't introduce Bruce to you because why would she? You was an unstable mess that dated Jerome Valeska for god's sake. You had parent issues, were littered in scars, and completely isolated yourself from the outside world. Your only friend being Selina.

Man watching the rain really made you think. You sat in Selina's 'crib', high up on the windowsill just watching the rain hit the thin glass. Listening to the pattering of the drops and the wind swirling around, sent a shiver down your spine. You curled closer to the window so your head was resting on the cold glass as the thunder shook the walls around you and a bolt of lightening struck in the distance.

The rain picked up and soon it began bouncing off of the pavement and the thunder became louder and louder, the temptation of just pulling the hood up of your black hoodie and taking a long walk in the storm became stronger, and as you played with your leather, fingerless gloves, the all too familiar feeling of being alone and cold settled in your chest. You felt tears welling in the back of your eyes but blinked them away knowing there was no reason for you to be crying.

Your body violently shuddered as you felt the icy wind seep in through the cracks and holes in the ceiling and felt drops fall gracefully onto your black ripped jeans. You looked across the room and saw your leather jacket hung on a temporary hanger and evaluated your choices. You could rather sit up here and freeze but not miss the blood moon or you can jump of the ledge, grab your jacket and manage to climb back up there and hopefully not miss it. Hmm choices...

Deciding for the latter, you leaped of the ledge and as you landed, thunder crashed behind you. Walking to the hanger you grabbed your jacket and turned around to the crack of lighting flashing you in the face. Without thinking, you ran at the wall, pushed yourself up with one foot and grabbed the ledge pulling yourself so you was sat against the window again. To your relief the Blood moon sat atop the sky illuminating the sky a deep red.

The clothes you wear made it easier to climb walls, jump across buildings and steal items from unsuspectiong civilians as the boots you wore made your movements almost silent.