Chapter 24

"What do you say we get a sitter for Margaret Natalie and go spend the night in a hotel?"  Don asked as he was pushing their 4 week old baby in the stroller back to the apartment after their walk.

Meryl had no idea where this was coming from. She looked at him like he was crazy. "Don, she is barely 4 weeks old. We have NEVER left the kids all night when they were this little. Besides, I am nursing every two hours; AND she has been cluster eating ALOT this week."

"Come on, Meryl." Don sighed turning to her as they got to the lobby. "It's been almost 7 months since we've fucked. We'll leave her for just a few hours then."

Fucked? This was really unlike Don; she didn't know what happened to him. "Don, I haven't even been released yet; not to mention the fact I haven't even started pumping yet."

"I have fucking needs too, Meryl." Don snapped.

Meryl was trying to blink back tears; wondering if she had been too selfish during the whole pregnancy and birth and recovery. "Don..."

"Meryl!" Gwyneth Paltrow said walking in with her yoga mat wearing spandex capris and a tight tank top. "Don! I think you get more handsome every time I see you. It sure looks like you've been working out. You need to show those muscles more."

Meryl narrowed her eyes at their younger neighbor as she felt up Don's arms. She stood there silently as he husband participated in the conversation. "You are looking fantastic as always. Yoga?"

"Gotta stay in shape. It helps when you're older." Gwyneth said looking at Meryl.

Don looked over at his wife. "I guess that's where you went wrong."

"I'm going to check the mail." Meryl said softly, and dejectedly, as she walked over to check the mail but not taking her eyes off her husband or their newborn daughter or Gwyneth. She was blinking back tears as she watched her husband check out Gwyneth while she cooed all over the baby. Don couldn't take his eyes off Gwyneth's boobs that were barely being contained  by her tank top; or her ass in her exercise pants. She started thinking about what Don said about having sex; but was it really HER he wanted or did he just want to fuck something? She sighed as Margaret Natalie started crying and she interjected herself between her husband and Gwyneth so she could push the stroller. "Maggie needs to eat. I'll be upstairs."

Don looked at Gwyneth. "You're looking great. Keep up the good work. Some man is damn lucky."

"Thanks, Donny. You are hotter than ever." Gwyneth flirted. "Meryl, anytime you want to get back in shape let me know."

Don nodded. "We will."

"She was talking to me." Meryl said softly to her husband. "Bye Gwyneth."

Don got into the elevator and looked at Meryl. "I guess Yoga is the key."

"Shut up, Don." Meryl sighed. "Please just shut up."

***

Meryl was in the laundry room folding the baby's clothes when Don came in behind her. She quickly wiped away the tears. Don pressed his erection up against her back. "I know what will make you feel better."

"I'm really not in the mood, Don." Meryl sighed. "Maggie's feedings are wearing me out; not to mention I don't feel very attractive right now."

Don turned her around and started kissing her neck his eyes closed. "If we don't start doing it again it will never happen. I need a god damn release, Meryl."

"Okay." Meryl finally conceded though her heart wasn't in it at all. She started thinking she had been too selfish and not paying attention to her husband's needs. She couldn't bear the thought of him going down to Gwyneth's apartment and her fulfilling what he needed so badly. "Let me clean up then I'll meet you in the bedroom."