Chapter 29

"Hey there, baby." Don smiled as he was washing his hands at the kitchen sink after putting the boat away. He smiled as he could feel her lifting his shirt and placing kisses on his back. "Whatcha doing back there?"

Meryl pressed her cheek to his back while her fingertips caressed his chest. "Do you have any idea how sexy you are?"

"Oh?" Don smirked as he turned around in her arms. "Is that so?"

Meryl smiled as she stood on her tip toes and kissed his lips. "That is so."

"Baby." Don moaned as she kissed his neck and down to the base of his throat while his hands got lost in her hair. "As much as I love this; I can tell what these kisses mean. We need to stop."

Meryl sighed as she nodded. "How long until we can make love again?"

"3 weeks?" Don laughed. "We can make out later, though."

Meryl smirked at him. "I love the sound of that."

"In the meantime." Don said as she put his shirt down; and he grabbed her hand. "I believe we have some phone calls to make."

***

"Here we go." Meryl said punching a number into the phone.

Don hated she had to go through this. "I'm right here with you, Darl."

"I'm glad; thank you." Meryl smiled as the call was answered. "Hey Mary, it's me and Don; you're on speaker."

Mary knew this couldn't be good. "Oh, hey you two. How are you both feeling?"

"Much better, thanks." Don answered. "We both went to the doctor today and got good reports; so did the baby."

Mary breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank God. I am so relieved to hear that. Have you heard anything from Dana? I haven't since I refused to bail him out."

"That's actually why we are calling, Mary." Meryl said looking at Don as he nodded. "Larry called this morning and a hearing has been set for Friday morning at 10am."

Mary was looking at her calendar. "On your birthday?"

"That was my reaction as well." Don chuckled.

Meryl laced her fingers through Don's. "It's fine, really. The kids won't be here until that night. The hearing will be here in Salisbury. Mary, you need to know that I am testifying against Dana. I don't enter into this lightly. Don gave me an out; but I don't want it."

"I didn't want her to feel like she had to choose between me and him. " Don explained. "I didn't want this to be like that."

Meryl shook her head at him. "That's not what this is to me. Besides, there is never a choice for me. It's not about choosing sides; it's about right and wrong. Dana came in and tried to kill my husband in his OWN home; he tried to kick him out and he filed a FALSE police report. I'm sorry, Mary; but Dana has to face the consequences of his own actions. He's always been able to do whatever the hell he wants; and as his big sister I didn't help much with that attitude. I can't let it go on; not for my family, not for him and not for you and the kids."

"You're completely right, Meryl." Mary sighed. "Listen, I want you both to know that I don't condone what he has done; not at all. It is sickening and I am so sorry you both had to go through this."

Don kissed Meryl's head; wanting her to know how proud he was of her. "We're going to be fine; and we know you don't. I will be testifying against him as well."

"He has put us all in a hard position." Meryl acknowledged.

Mary nodded in agreement. "He has; but he is my husband. He is the father of my children. So, I will be sitting on his side. I need to do this to try and put our marriage back together; and for our children. Though, I am absolutely sickened at what he has done."