Chapter 25

"Why in the fuck would I scream ANYONE else's name besides yours?" Don asked as he got up and put on his boxers and she pointed to his shirt for her to wear; and he gave it to her with a kiss to her lips. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm not mad at you. I just don't understand why you would think I would EVER moan someone else's names; let along someone half my age who we have engaged socially with her PARENTS."

Meryl knew he was talking about Blythe Danner and Bruce Paltrow. "I know, baby. It was part of the dream. I am so sorry I had that damn dream and it started all of this."

"It's not your fault." Don sighed as he stroked her hair. "I blame this fucking CNN story for putting doubts in your head."

Meryl shook her head vehemently. "That's just it, Don Man, I don't have doubts; not about you. Not at all."

"I know." Don smiled weakly. "Baby, I need to know about this dream. Can you please tell me?"

Meryl nodded as she sighed. "I know it's going to hurt you all over again and that is the last thing I want."

"We need to get it out there." Don said with a kiss to her lips. "Because, if something in that damn dream reveals why you dreamed that then I need to fix it. I can't have you thinking that, feeling that or dreaming it."  

Meryl stroked the mole under his right eye. "I don't think or feel it, baby; and I have no idea why I dreamed it."

"Start by starting." Don said calmly; though he knew he would probably not stay very calm.

Meryl nodded. "I had the baby about a month before, a girl. Margaret Natalie."

"Beautiful name." Don said touching her stomach. "Go on."

Meryl nodded. "Anyways, we had gone on a walk with her in the stroller and were pushing her back into the apartment lobby. You said you wanted to get her a sitter so we could stay in a hotel all night."

"At 4 weeks?" Don exclaimed. "You would be nursing. Besides, at 4 weeks you wouldn't be cleared for anything."

Meryl smiled softly. "Now THAT is the Don Man I love so damn much."

"I guess that wasn't my reaction in the dream?" Don asked.

Meryl shook her head as she laced her fingers with his. "I pointed all that out. That we had never left the kids over night that young. I had been cluster feeding. I hadn't been released from the doctor yet. That nursing was wearing me out. You said it had been almost 7 months since we 'fucked.'  You said you had needs as well. I started thinking maybe I had been selfish..."

"NO!" Don said shaking his head. "What we are doing is because it is best for you and the baby. I don't need to be 'fucked' as I so crudely said in your dream. I just need you. That's not me, M."

Meryl tenderly kissed his lips. "Believe me, baby, I know that. As I was about to respond Gwyneth Paltrow walked in looking AMAZING. She had been to yoga and wore very revealing clothes that you couldn't take your eyes off of. She was going on and on about how hot you were; which you ARE."

"Not nearly as hot as my wife." Don said strongly. "NO ONE is more beautiful or sexier or hotter to me than you are."

Meryl winked at him. "Thank you, baby. You made a comment that I went wrong by not working out when I was younger. I was devastated and went to check the mail; but watched you check her out as she fawned over the baby. I couldn't take it."

"Fucking asshole." Don seethed. "I'm sorry, I'm trying to stay calm."

Meryl nodded. "The baby started crying and I said I would take her upstairs. Gwyneth told me to let her know when I wanted to get back in shape; you said we would but I told you she was talking to me. You said that Yoga must be key and I told you to just shut up."