Chapter 50

"I want, Don.; no, I NEED Don." Meryl screamed in agony as she was in labor; HARD LABOR. She hated that she and Don had that stupid fight. It was all her fault. She knew she deserved to be in agony, ALONE, after what she did  and how she treated him; but she needed him. She couldn't get through this without him. She had no idea why she started that fight; all she knew was that since she started it then she needed to end it. "Did you get ahold of him?"

Nurse Meghan nodded her head. "He said he was on his way; I am sure he will be here soon, Mrs. Gummer."

"Fuck, this hurts." Meryl groaned trying to breathe through the pain.

The nurse rubbed her leg. "Just try to breathe through it."

"You fucking breathe through it." Meryl barked as the nurse just laughed.

Don had entered the door by this time. "I'm here; you no longer have to bite off the nurse's head."

"Don." Meryl cried. "Oh, Don; thank God. I am so sorry, Don Man. I didn't mean anything I said. I love you so much."

Don just gave her a small smile. "I love you too. Let's have this baby."

"Is that the only reason you came back?" Meryl cried. "The baby isn't the only one who needs you; I need you too, Don Man, so much. There is no way in hell I can do this without you."

Don kissed her sweaty head. "I'm sorry too. I came back for both of you."

"FUCK." Meryl screamed as another contraction tipped through her body.

Don helped her sit up as he looked at the screen that was monitoring her contractions. "It's going to be a long night."

*** 

"Okay, Merl; we are going to push some more." The doctor told Meryl as she sat down at the end of her hospital bed in-between her legs. 

Meryl gave her doctor a look that could kill. "I don't see you in this bed trying to push a watermelon through your legs."

"Good point." Dr. Taylor laughed. "Meryl, it is time for YOU to push. Ready?"

Meryl looked at Don. "Are you ready?"

"Let's do this." Don said helping her sit up and Meryl looked at him funny. "Aren't you going to sit up behind me on the bed like you always do."

Don nodded as he took his place; not wanting her to think something was wrong. "Sure."

"We're ready." Meryl said leaning back against her husband as she also held his hand.

The doctor nodded at the nurse. "The baby is crowning. Give me a great big push."

"UGH!" Meryl screamed as he pushed.

Don held her up with his body. "That's it; keep pushing."

"And rest." The doctor said as the nurse got everything ready. "Meryl, you are doing amazingly. One more push and this long awaited baby will be here."

Don kissed her cheek. "We get to meet the baby. One more push."

"Here we go." Meryl smiled and nodded at Don as he helped her sit back up. "UGH! UGH! FFFUUUCCCKKK!"

Dr. Taylor smiled. "You have a beautiful baby boy."

"I was right." Meryl said as she laughed and cried through her tears.

Don nodded as he kissed her forehead. "You were. Can I cut the cord?"

"Of course." Dr. Taylor smiled.