Chapter 11

About a month later, Don and Meryl were waiting back in the examination room of her doctor's office. She couldn't take her eyes off her husband; which was doing anything for her constant need for him. She just kept staring at him with a goofy look on her face as she bit her lip. Him wearing his glasses only increased his sexy factor to her. Whenever Don would sense he was being watched he would look up at her but then she quickly looked away. The third time this happened he laughed. "Do I have something on my face?"

"What?" Meryl asked; still in a world of her own.

Don shrugged. "You keep looking at me then looking away. Am I that repulsive?"

"The exact opposite." Meryl sighed. "Is it hot in here? I swear, you've got me so fucking hot I can't take it."

Don started laughing. "Excuse me?"

"You and that beard." Meryl sighed. "You know how damn hot you in a beard makes me for you. Now it is all gray and distinguished and so fucking sexy."

Don got a proud look on his face as he went over to her. "Oh really?"

"Don't act like you don't know what you're doing to me." Meryl shook her head as her fingers went to his chest once he came close enough to her so she could play with his chest hair. "Then you just had to leave the top buttons of your shirt undone."

Don smirked at her. "I thought you liked it."

"That's the problem." Meryl fanned herself. "God, I want you. Why did you grow a beard when there's nothing we can do about how hot it makes me for you?"

Don laughed as he tucked her hair behind her ear. "That's why I did it."

"What?" Meryl groaned. "You enjoy torturing me like this?"

Don raised his eyebrow at her. "Usually I do when there's something we can do about it; but since we can't, no I don't. You always complain when I grow a beard that it scratches you when we're making love; and I always end up shaving it off when we're in the heat of the moment. I thought this would make you happy."

"Oh baby, it does." Meryl whispered as she pulled his head down to hers. "Too happy."

Don moaned as she crushed her lips to his and felt her tongue exploring his mouth. "Baby, we can't."

"Don't you want me, baby?" Meryl moaned as she ran her fingers through his beard.

Don groaned; what a stupid question. "Darl, I want you so damn much; you KNOW that. But we can't."

"Yeah." Meryl choked pulling away.

Don sighed as he saw tears appear in her eyes. "Shit, please don't cry; baby. It's not because I don't want you."

"I know, Don Man." Meryl tried to smile. "You are so damn sexy. You know that?"

Don kissed her forehead then all over her face. "Not as sexy as my wife; but thank you. I want to make you feel loved and beautiful; I WANT to make love to you but ONLY if it's safe. The doctor has said it's not safe. I canNOT lose you or the baby. What can I do that I'm not doing to show you how damn much I love and want you?"

"You do it everyday, Don Man; I promise you." Meryl assured him. "Look at all you're doing. I wish you would let me help with Louisa's birthday dinner tonight. I mean, she wants lasagna and nothing is ready."

Don shook his head at his wife. "I have it all ready, for the most part. She wanted chocolate mousse which I made while you were napping earlier. I also prepared the lasagna while you were napping and it just needs to be baked. Salad is made and in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Dining room is ready. Bread just needs to be baked."