Chapter Sixteen

*Hadrian(Cub)Potter*

  It had been two weeks since Jamie and I had moved into Tom's house and so far it had been fun and I had met some of Teddy and Jamie's other friends from school. There were Fred and George, they still scare me sometimes because their loud and like to pop up out of nowhere, then there's Neville, he's quieter and enjoys reading and Herbology, then there's Luna and I like her because her colors are purple and white and she always talks in a dreamy voice and from what Teddy and Jamie have told me she's odd and she speaks in riddles most of the time. I also learned that Jamie has two more friends but he doesn't trust them after what happened during the last school year. Severus, who I have taken to calling Raven introduced me to some of the Death Eater children who I learn didn't really like my brother or Teddy. I was first introduced to Cissa and Lucius's son Draco, who apologize for yelling at me and being rude to me about my eyes and I forgave him knowing it was a natural reaction when people who didn't know saw my eyes, then there was Pansey who I didn't really care about knowing because she was loud and was all touchy and I don't like being touched by people I didn't trust, I was indroduced to Theo next and he was alright but when he spoke to me he was kind of rude, lastly I was indroduced to Blaise and he was nice, he wasn't loud or touchy but he would sit beside me and if I was outside he would stay with me and explain what certain things looked like and I was thankful for that since it had been so long since I had seen what anything looked like outside or what other colors looked like besides the colors that surround everyone else. 

  "Good morning Hadrian," Raven said and I smiled in his direction as I left Tom's room. "How are you feeling?"

  "Okay," I shrugged. "Are you okay, you sound really happy and your colors are glowing really bright."

  "I finished the potion for your eyes," he said and I squeaked when I got picked up. "After breakfast, we will call Sirius and Remus over and I'll explain the procedure for using it."

  "Do you think it will work?" I asked.

  "Will what work?" someone asked and I turned to see Lucius's colors. "Hello, Hadrian."

  "Hi Luci," I smiled wiggling around until Raven set me on the ground and I felt around until I found a door and I opened it hearing everyone talking and I carefully made my way over to my chair that was set between Tom and Renny. "Morning."

  "Morning pup," Renny said and I felt someone ruffle my hair.

  "Can Padfoot and Moony come over?" I asked.

  "Of course," Tom said and a second later I heard Luci and Raven's voices as they entered the room, after that the chatter died down as everyone ate.

  "Hi cub," Padfoot said and I smiled getting up from the floor beside Jamie and moving over to him and he pulled me onto his lap. "What's going on here?"

  "I finished the potion for Hadrian's eyes," Raven said and there were several happy yells and Padfoot's arms tightened around my waist.

  "Are you going to use it today?" Moony asked.

  "If Hadrian wants to start it today then yes," Raven said.

  "I would like to be able to see again," I said before dropping my head. "I miss being able to draw and paint."

  "Well hopefully this will work," Raven said. "But first I'm going to explain how this is going to be done."

  "Continue," Tom said and I raised my head staring right at Raven.

  "This will last three days and every eight hours three drops need to be put in Hadrian's eyes and then they will be wrapped tightly so no light can get in. After that two more days his eyes will have to stay wrapped so the potion can work, then we will have to see how his eyes are. Hadrian I know you said that you don't like total darkness but this can't be helped if we wrap your eyes."

  "Oh," I mumbled. "I think I could handle being to total blackness if Jamie and Teddy stay with me the whole time. Blackness makes me fill like I'm alone."

  "We'll stay right beside you," Jamie said and I nodded.

  "Yeah, you won't ever be alone again," Teddy said and I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me.  

  "Thank you," I mumbled.

  "Hadrian," Raven said and I looked him. "This will hurt and there will be a good chance your magic will lash out but Sirius is going to have to hold you down while I do this."

  "I can handle it," I said but my voice broke at the end as Padfoot wrapped his arms around me and held my arms against my body but when I felt Raven drop something in my eye is when I freaked because of the burning that followed. 

*Jamie(Snuffles)Potter*

  I winced when Hadrian cried out and his magic swirled around the room breaking several things before I reached out and grabbed one of his hands and his crying quieted down to whimpering but I could still hear the crying coming through the twin bond. 

  "What's with the crying?" some demanded and I looked up to Fred, George, Draco, and Blaise standing in the doorway.

  "We're attempting to bring Hadrian's sight back," Teddy said and they nodded walking closer and sitting on the floor around us as Professor Snape wrapped Hadrian's eyes with a cloth.

  "Now we wait and repeat the process in eight hours," Snape said and Padfoot loosened his hold on Hadrian.

  "Cub?" Moony asked quietly.

  "I-it's t-too d-dark," he whimpered and I bit my lip wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into my lap trying to make him fill better.

  "You want to go outside?" Teddy asked. "That way you can hear the noises and maybe that would ease some of the fear."

  "O-okay," he stuttered still whimpering and Teddy picked him up and they headed outside with the devils, Draco and Blaise following after them.

*Remus(Moony)Lupin*

  "You could feel his fear of the dark," Cissa said after the kids had left. "That was horrible."

  "His fear of the dark was there long before he went blind," I said wrapping my arms around Sirius when I saw him shaking. "The muggles Lily placed him with would lock him up in the cupboard under the stair and there wasn't a light so he was in total darkness for hours, days, and in some cases weeks without seeing any kind of light."

  "That's horrible," Cissa gasped.

  "Yes and there were other punishments that I can't tell you about without Moony come to the surface," I said thinking back to the memories that Frank had shown me a few days ago. "If you want to know everything then talk to Frank or Amelia."

  "It would help us to know what all Hadrian had gone through while he was with those muggles," Lucius said. "I will speak with Amelia tonight."