Chapter Thirty-Eight

*Hadrian(cub)Gaunt*

  "Hi Papa," I smiled skipping into the dining room and climbed on Papa's lap.

  "Hello, my little prince," Papa smiled and I giggled. "Did you have a safe week at school?"

  "Yup," I hummed. "I met four new adults yesterday with Teddy and got a new familiar named, Kamali."

  "Do we even want to know what this familiar is?" Padfoot asked and I giggled as Kamali climbed out of my pocket and onto the table causing everyone to gasp in shock.

  "That's a dragon," Mountain said and I nodded.

  "I pulled a sword out of his back yesterday and afterward Kamali bonded with me and his now my familiar," I said.

  "Only you little prince," Papa said and I smiled.

  "Did you tell them about your other surprise yet?" Teddy asked as he sat between Moony and Padfoot.

  "Nope," I said just as the floo lit up and four people stepped out. "But they're here."

  "What are you up to cub?" Renny asked and I just smiled.

  "It looks so different," the man in an emerald green dress shirt and leather pants said and I giggled causing him to look up. 

 "Hiya," I giggled.

  "His laugh is so adorable," the woman in yellow squealed and I covered my ear in an attempt to stop the ringing.

  "Merlin," several people gasped.

  "You're the four founders," Raven said. "But how are you..."

  "Immortality potion," Salazar said. "Very difficult to brew and even more difficult to find the correct ingredients."

  "There are so many snakes here," the man in a red whined and I wrinkled my nose while several people laughed.

~Idiot wizard,~ Kamali hissed annoyed and I giggled while Papa laughed loudly causing everyone sitting at the table to look at him shocked.

~Be nice,~ I hissed playfully. ~Not his fault he's a weird lion.~

~Your brother and some of your friends are lions, Hadrian.~ Papa hissed.

~They act more like snakes though,~ I hissed with a shrug. ~Talk to the founders. Imma go play in my room.~

~Stay out of trouble,~ Papa hissed kissing my forehead and I nodded before running up to my room and pulling a few toys out of the trunk under my bed and shifting into my animagi form and playing with my chew toys until Nagini slithered into the room and I started pouncing her tail as she moved it around slowly.

*Jamie(Snuffled)Potter*

  "So Dumbledore is killing Hogwarts?" I asked and the four founders nodded.

  "We had been exploring America when we felt our bond with Hogwarts started to show signs of distress," Rowena Ravenclaw said. "When we returned we went to look at her core and it had blackened as though someone was poisoning her. We were able to heal her but then five years ago the magic started to fade again..."

  "The headmaster is draining the magic from her core," Salazar Slytherin said glaring at the wall. "If he drains too much more of her magic she will die and then there will be no one there to protect the students from unkind spells aimed at them."

  "So how do we stop that from happening?" Moony asked.

  "We have been able to balance the lost magic with our own," Godric Gryffindor said. "From the hidden manor, we have a combined magic core that connects to the one in Hogwarts and we have been using our own magic to balance it out."

  "Which is leaving us weak," Helga Hufflepuff said.

  "How can we help?" Dad asked.

  "In the past few months Hogwarts magic core has reacted strongly," Salazar said. "Which means that her magic is attempting to protect someone or something within her walls strongly."

  "Hadrian," Draco and Teddy gasped.

  "What about him?" Snape asked.

  "When he de-aged he said that he felt a protective aura and it felt like the aura was in pain," Draco said.

  "And when your magic is being forcefully drained it is painful," Teddy said.

  "That would explain why he has a hard time concentrated while in class," Moony said. "Protective magic has different aura's and Drian would be drawn to them considering his gift and also the whole still getting used to his sight being back."

  "His sight being back?" Salazar asked confused.

  "Long story," I muttered angrily before I saw my dad flinch back.

  "Explain," Godric said and the next hour was spent explaining what has happened in the last fifteen years for our family and what we knew had happened to Ry.

  "Muggles are horrid people," Salazar snarled.

  "Not all are bad," a voice said and I turned to see Ry standing in the doorway with wet hair, in sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, and had his dragon sitting on his shoulder with Ruby wrapped lightly around his neck. 

"What?" Godric and Salazar asked.

  "Not all non-magic people are bad," Ry said as he walked over and crawled in Snape's lap. "Before Jamie and Teddy found me I had met several nice muggles who helped me when I needed it even though I protested at the help. The muggles that hurt me were just bad because their aura wasn't just dark red they were almost completely black, which means that they had been bad for a really long time."

  "He sees the good in everyone," Helga smiled as Ry snuggled into Snape falling asleep.

  "There are a few people he doesn't," Teddy said."But he has reconnected our family with our missing family members."

  "That he has," Snape smiled running his fingers through Ry's hair as he slept.