Chapter Eighteen

*Hadrian(Cub)Potter*

  Just like Tom promised, we went shopping that weekend but instead of just school shopping, we went shopping for clothes and other things me and Jamie needed. When we got to Diagon Alley I was quickly sidetracked by all the shops and the colors that were swirling around in the air.

  "Ry?" Jamie said and I jerked my head to him smiling.

  "This is so cool," I squealed bouncing. "Is it always like this?"

  "Yep," Draco said as he appeared with a pop behind us with his parents. "One of the things that never changes it's quite boring really."

  "I think its wicked," I said looking around. "Where are we going first?"

  "How 'bout we get you a wand?" Jamie said and I looked at Tom who nodded and I smiled grabbing Jamie's hand. "I got mine at Ollivander's so we can go there first."

  After following Jamie and fighting through the crowd of people we arrived at a shop that was literally radiating a shower of different colors. Jamie pulled me in and I looked around the room in awe at all the colors before I was startled by a man.

  "I was wondering when I would see you," he said and I backed away kind of put off by the strange man as he started mumbling to himself and looking through different shelves.

  "He's was like this when I got my wand," Jamie whispered and I nodded still slightly freaked when the man came back and handed me a box. Jamie helped me open it and I looked down at the wand that was shimmering with colors I picked it up and rolled it around in my hand and just I quit moving it around there was a loud crash and it exploded causing me to yelp and drop the pieces.

  "Yes, yes, I knew but needed confirmation," the man said and I looked at him startled when he grabbed my sleeve and pulled me to a room in the back.

  "Hey," Jamie yelled and I heard footsteps run in behind me and the man started gathering boxes. "Ry, are you okay?"

  I just nodded as the man came back and laid seven different boxes down on a table and I looked at them in awe as each box shimmered in different colors. I looked at each box and by the colors, I could tell what they were one for all the elements and different cores, then there was a cloth laid out and it was different pieces of wood laid out on it.

  "Let your magic connect with the material," the man said and I stepped closer to the table and held my hand over the materials before I set aside the ones that matched my magic.

  "Powerful and deadly," the man said gathering the materials and walking off to another room.

  "What was all of that stuff?" Jamie asked and I turned to look at him.

  "It was the materials to make Hadrian's wand compatible with his magic and from what was chosen his magic is both powerful and deadly," Tom said slightly shocked. "You are an elemental because your magic chose all of the elements fire, water, air, and earth, but you also chose the cores death and life, while the wood you chose was Holly wood infused with a phoenix feather. When all are put together it means that person is very powerful and can be very deadly."

  "Wow," Jamie gasped and I looked at them confused.

  "But magic is magic no matter how powerful or deadly, light or dark," I said. "The way magic is used is depended on the person using it. Light magic can be used for dark reasons, just as light magic can be used for dark reasons."

  "That is true," Tom said with a smile just as the man came back and handed me the wand and I as I held it-it glowed brightly. 

  "A match for a hero," the man said and I looked at him startled and Jamie pulled me out of the shop as Tom paid the man.