CHAPTER NINETEEN

NAOMI

"You maybe young but you ready, ready to learnーyou're not a little girl you a woman, take my hand, let me tell you baby, I'm yours for the taking..." I sung a rendition of Keith Sweat's Right and a Wrong Way as the shower I was taking was definitely helping ease the tense muscles I had from earlier as they wore away as the hot water worked it out of me.

My mind started to ramble back on how the little friendly dinner between Emilio and I was a complete success and how we actually had a lot in common that I would've ever thought.

Lately, being at Hillman has been going all around smoothly as the semester was soon about to come to a end as spring break will come in a few months and how I planned to go back home and enjoy the break with Aunt Rena and her new man she has been dating.

The little show-down between Dalvin and K-Ci died down a lot as sometimes I rarely seen the two of them as I was even more so worried about K-Ci due to him either saying hey to me very quickly or either just not coming around at all or maybe it was the fact that Iesha was up around me 24/7 and she honestly freaks him out to the core with her aggressive force of affection she shows towards him that K-Ci was indeed no fan of.

Jojo and Lola were the only two stable human beings that I knew that didn't have any drama whatsoever and remain with a smooth and cool exterior that I honestly envied them both of as I couldn't help but fold under certain pressure that crawled underneath my skin like with my ex, per say like DeVante gets under my damn skin so bad that I want to literally remove it, it's like ever since he broke up with me I seen this ignorant piece of egotistical shitty side of a boy I once knew and still loved, yeah you heard right I still love his dumb ass...

But don't get me wrong I still love the dummy but I ain't finna let him just curse my name and sit there like a fool and be all giggling about it, muthafucka is going to get told the fuck off by me and his little chick if she look at me like she got a damn problem or something.

I know it is kind of weird that I am even still in love with DeVante after all the hurtful things he said to me that fateful day and him literally going drama queen on me and throwing a big bouquet of roses in my face as the thorns nearly came close to jabbing my skin as his eyes held such anger and sorrows behind them as he wore a grin upon his face as tears streamed down from his hypnotizing hazel eyes and saying three dreaded words that symbolized that we were indeed no more.

People in school heard about our breakup and were even bashing me saying it was all my fault as some of the rumors were a bit absurd to say the least and when Dominic returned back the bastard just made matters worse by confirming that I didn't care about De and I wanted a way out of the relationship with him thus making me erupt with rage and which it resulted in me getting suspended after I kicked his high yellow ass for simply lying and how he raises hell ever where he could possibly go.

Then when graduation came around things were no better, I actually tried to be the bigger person and talked to DeVante after we threw our caps up as I pushed everybody else out the way that was trying to hold a conversation with me in order to just say something to him but before I could even spot those infamous eyes as his face was induced into a ruthless mean mug and his blow up everybody mentality that Roxie claimed that he had, he vanished as I tried to find him desperately.