CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

1986

"Don't be a damn pig, son. Hogging shit from a nigga when I was the one breakin' my damn neck out here trying to get that good shit. Aye, Milio you don't want nun of this?" One of Emilio's longtime friend named Caleb argued with his other friend named Rashaad whom of which was messing up the rotation of the blunt as Caleb then tries to pass the dank to Emilio but he refuses it.

"Nigga, don't even try to be all Kumbaya with that laced up shit... the shit had me hallucinating the last time. I like my shit not mix with anything... shit I might just quit weed altogether... shit destroying my brain cells and I don't need to ruin any of my chances getting scouted by some college recruits at my games either" Emilio vocalize as Rashaad snaps his fingers to his sentence.

"Aye, word up kid... Caleb quit sweating him... this nigga doing big things! Before you know it our boy going to be playing for the big colleges and maybe even work himself up to the NBA playing alongside some greats. Keep your dream alive, kid... it's gonna prosper" Rashaad encouraged Emilio whom of which thanked him as Caleb kisses his teeth.

Caleb blows smoke out of his nose like a bull as it engulfs the entire living room as the movie Scarface played silently on the television set as Emilio's eyes discern over to the time as it now read 1:00 in the morning.

"Now, where the hell is she at... I told her ass to be back here no later than damn near around eleven on the fucking dot. She always do this shit when she out with that nigga!" Emilio hisses harshly as Rashaad curls his eyebrows up in concern of his friend's outburst while Caleb scoffs at him.

"Say, Milio why you getting so worked up? Ain't Iesha a whole year older than your ass... hell nigga there ain't no reason for you to be stressing and shit besides Iesha ain't the one to be fucked with that's for sure... Aye Shad you remember when Iesha wiped the damn floor with Molly Townsend because the girl was talking to that nigga Dominic about a few months back at school... that shit was funny and it took damn near almost everybody to get her away from the girl!" Caleb chortled at the memory as Rashaad laughs a little his own self while Emilio didn't even crack a smile or anything.

He didn't find that situation funny at all... usually he would be ready to fight anybody that steps to his sister with disrespect whether they were old or young but he knew that girl wasn't trying to spit game at Dominic and even scolded Iesha about it when he skipped class to see her in the principal's office after the altercation happened and even told her she wasn't using her head and went as far as telling her that Dominic ain't shit and she should dump him.

Emilio knew Dominic around the way in school and he even plays basketball with him and even introduced Iesha and him after a game one day but he never ever thought they would become an item slowly before his very own eyes.

Emilio had a strict policy about who talks to his sister and even wants to have a serious relationship with her and he didn't want her to date any of his boys or any other niggas that he knew to talk to her due to almost all of them hitting and quitting it or either they already had a girlfriend and just didn't want that for his sister.