CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

"What do you mean the wedding is getting rescheduled... I am getting married next month?!" Roxie screamed into her phone as she sat outside at the patio area as everyone else were asleep being that it was just 3 o'clock in the morning when she received a call from the man she is supposed to be marrying to her dismay.

"Correction, we are getting ma-"

"Nigga, I said what I said and shit... don't patronize me on anything... okay" Roxie rolled her eyes as she didn't want to be a wife let alone get married really early because she had her whole life ahead of her... she is only eighteen and only a freshmen in college.

It was true she did want to get married but on her own terms when she gets older... around in her mid to late twenties and she didn't want to get married to some guy that her parents knew from their colleagues... no, she wanted Dalvin and Dalvin only... She wanted to be married to Dalvin, instead.

"You have been my fiancée for awhile now and somehow you still treating me like some stranger off the corner as if I am insignificant to your eyes" Roxie kiss her teeth as she continues to listen to him ramble on as usual.

"That's because you are insignificant, Alexander... You are nothing to me, alright" Roxie told him.

"You say that but being that we are going to be husband and wife there are certain things that I have made note of that you have to definitely change and that's you have to get rid of those boyish clothes you always wear... you have to fix your hair much better and stop looking a hooligan and more like a trophy wife... and another thing the street talk has to go if you want to be the wife of Alexander Warren that is..." Alexander finished.

"I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do... I had it up to here with my folks and your ass telling me what to wear, how to look and what to say... I have been like this since I was little and shit... it don't make me any less of a woman like girls that stay all dolled up and shit... I am the shit with or without being all dolled up, always remember that shit" Roxie scolded him as she watches from a distance as the waves started to crash very rapidly.

"You sure are a firecracker but your mother and sister aren't like that" Alexander chuckles over the phone.

"That's because I don't take dog fare, I do have a mind of my very own and don't let people manipulate me... that's why I am a firecracker and if you don't like it... you can back out of marrying me. I won't even blame you at all if you do" Roxie tried to persuade him.

"Nah, I think there is something there that I have to just fix and work on it with you... It seems to be you have been with that Dalvin character for awhile that you developed some of his mannerisms and actions... Your mother has informed me that you were never this rebellious before and that you even snuck out to go to a dance with him back when you guys were in highschool and got all your stuff taken away from you..." Roxie scoffs at the mention of how she went to that dance with Dalvin even though her parents forbid her from going in the first place.

"That is none of your concern about what I did with Dalvin and I didn't adapt shit from him except love and admiration... even before I met Dalvin... I was going to tell you straight up like it is and not give two fucks of how exactly you may take it" Roxie defended Dalvin.