CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO

His hands dug into his pants pocket as he gripped the fabric material inside of it which made him feel at ease whilst trying to rid his mind of the sin of envy.

Now K-Ci was never the type of man to get jealous and never sought out to hate on another person but it seems like ever since he has been with Iesha... he felt like he has to work extra hard for her attention more than he used to do for his earlier relationships.

Then again he wouldn't have gone through all this trouble of showcasing his love for her if he didn't want to be with her.

It was strange to K-Ci because he wasn't the person being chased anymore, all his high school year, there were girls chasing after him and just demanding his attention of which he enjoyed like any other man would.

Almost every girl that had the hots for him would chase after him like a madwoman such as his longtime ex-girlfriend Mary whom of which gave him a wake-up call that almost ended his very own life.

Although, K-Ci looked fine on the outside and was always his naturally goofy self around his friends and family, he couldn't help but have bad dreams of how everything would've changed if Naomi didn't stay outside with him and called for help.

What if he would've died right there on the cold street?

Just to have his body soon subduing and feeling his heart no longer pumping with his eyes stretched out, tear-ridden, and searching anywhere for God to ask him as to why it is his time to the leave the earth at the age of seventeen.

Seventeen, the age of where he was just trying to find the meaning of everything in his life and wanted another chance no matter what.

Ever since then, K-Ci developed anxiety and would sometimes reminisce about being in that same situation over and over again with all the results being the absolute same, death and how life would be without him.

But somehow he found Iesha to be his saving grace from all of it, he might've never told her about what happened with him and Mary but could you blame him?

K-Ci just didn't want to discuss what happened once again and have to replay a bullet piercing his dark flesh, of course he gets the common question from Iesha of how did he receive the scar on his chest but never gave the true answer except for him playing it off like he got into an accident when he was younger such as playing with the DeGrates and Jojo when they were little kids.

"K-Ci, wait! Baby, why you in such a rush?!" K-Ci ears perked up as he heard the sweet voice of his current girlfriend, twisting his head to see what was behind him momentarily was Iesha as she pleaded for him to stop walking away from her as she couldn't keep up with him as he took fast strides and ease pass a lot of people.

Honest to God, K-Ci wasn't trying to avoid Iesha but to just sit down in his dorm and try to recollect his thoughts... okay, well maybe he was trying to avoid his beloved girlfriend but she didn't need to insinuate that but K-Ci could see that he was doing a horrible job as he looked like he was trying to run away from her any moment now.