CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

"Uh, shit... aye thanks K for driving me back to campus" DeVante groans as he stretches as he finished fastening his seat belt as K-Ci was now pulling out of Rosewood Medical Center being that he volunteered to drive DeVante back in DeVante's car due to him still being a little bit tired from the sedative that he got shot with in the hospital to calm him down.

"No problem, De. Iesha, Naomi, Emilio and I seen Dalvin and he seems to be doing fine well considering that he was very weak and couldn't keep his eyes open" K-Ci informs him as DeVante begins to rubs his eyes so he could rub the remaining sleep out of them.

"Yeah, I rushed down to Rosewood as soon as Naomi told me what happened and shit. I just went ballistic on him, K... I needed answers to why would he just take those pills like that. I knew he was taking them a lot but I thought he was taking them as his physician had instructed him to but turns out he was abusing them" DeVante signs into both of his palms as he now had them brought up to his face.

"Yeah, about that... there's something you should know about Dalvin and why he did what he did, De" K-Ci wasn't normally the one to give bad news or even traumatic at that about other people to anybody but this was DeVante's little brother for crying out loud and he deserved to know nothing but the absolute truth about what happened to Dalvin which plagued him to act differently for him to be out in the hospital for overdosing in pills.

Fuck, here goes nothing, K-Ci thought to himself and all could think about was when he finds a good parking spot at Hillman that DeVante will jump out the car and go berserk.

"What happened in there with him, K?" DeVante lifts his head up from his palms as they became clammy as K-Ci soon came into the parking lot of Hillman University as a few people were by their cars either talking, getting out of them, or pulling off to an unknown destination of their very own.

K-Ci was silent as he focused on pulling into the parking space as he focused not going over the white line as he soon put the car in park as he killed the engine and took the key out the ignition as he handed it to DeVante whom of which accepted it.

"K-Ci, don't leave me hanging... what's wrong with Dalvin?" DeVante ushers him to spill everything that's being going on with Dalvin.

"Well, Naomi revealed to Iesha, Emilio and I that Dalvin was assaulted..." K-Ci felt a lump form in his throat.

"I know he told me about it. He told me that some niggas ran up on him at the Frat party and took his chain and when he wouldn't give it up fast enough they beat hi-" DeVante soon stopped talking as K-Ci said no as he looks at him in bewilderment of what he could possibly be saying no for exactly.

"De, he was sexually assaulted by Xavier" DeVante felt his entire heart stop as his hazel eyes grew wide as saucers as he felt like he was going to throw up but somehow kept it down as he felt his stomach churn in overwhelming disgust and rage swept through him like a devastating storm.

"Naomi told Dalvin that she couldn't keep it a secret any longer because she felt like the only reason that he overdosed on those pills because he was trying to escape the fact that he seriously hurt him and that he was trying to get away from the harsh realties that he was almost raped. She told us how she picked him up from the party and his shirt was ripped open and he had purple bruises on his torso and fingerprints around his neck. Shit, I should've known something was up when I was going to talk to squash all this fucking beefing that we were doing in the beginning and I burst through the locker room and it looked like Xavier was about to do something to him but I was so damn naive to even realize it and the nigga told me that he got tackled very badly and fell out on the football field and I believe that piece of shit" K-Ci blamed himself for not even realizing that he stopped Xavier from attempting to rape Dalvin a second time as Dalvin stopped it the first time by fighting back.