Chapter 12

Amelia's POV

     I walk back into the classroom alone. Michael got sent up to the office, and I went back to class while Sara and Miles walked in the opposite direction. It kind if hurts to see my new found best friend all over my boyfriend, but Miles is a natural flirt. They are just friends after all.

     "Where is Michael?" Bella asks as soon as I walk into the classroom. When I glance over at our table, Sergio is missing.

     "Where's Serg?" I counter, sitting down at the table. She folds her hands while glaring at me.

     "I asked you first," she grits, and I want to slap the girl across the face.

     "He got sent up to the office," I admit, and her eyes widen.

     "How?" she asks, but I just roll my eyes in response.

     "Answer my question," I demand, making her roll her eyes.

     "He was sent to the office for fighting with Brady," she responds, giving me a full answer.

     "Michael screamed, so they sent him up there. He saw a ton of bees fighting a ton of wasps," I fill her in more, and she softly smiles.

     "Oh Michael," she laughs quietly, looking down with a mini smile imprinted on her face.

     "Are you two, I don't know, like a thing?" I ask cautiously. Lately, my feelings towards him have been strong, really strong. I'll be sitting in class, and I can't stop thinking about him. When I do anything with Miles, I can't concentrate. Everything about him gets stuck in my head. I want to know what I'm getting myself into before hand.

     "M-Michael and I?" she stutters shyly, and I send her a look. It's obvious she feels something for him, someway somehow. 

     "No you and Dorian. Of course you and Michael," I respond, and I can see her face start to turn slightly pink. A small ball of envy starts to form in my stomach, gradually getting bigger before getting replaced with guilt. I have a boyfriend for goodness sakes. There I no way I should be thinking this way about someone else. Miles is my boyfriend, and I need to be loyal to him no matter how amazing Michael can be.

     "Why should I be talking to you about this?" she gets back into her senses of hating me, making me laugh.

     "I'm just wondering what I'm dealing with," I shrug harmlessly. I look over my shoulder to see Mikey talking to Courtney. He is trying to get her attention, but she is too focused on the experiment. 

     In all honesty, I feel really bad for Mikey. He constantly talks to me and texts me about how much he likes her. "She's perfect, everything about her is beautiful. I I just need to to get her to see that I see that in her." He feels something real for her, but she doesn't even see it.

     "Michael's my friend, one of my best friends at that," she responds, and I give a quiet sigh of relief. She rolls her eyes.

     "Don't seem too happy," she remarks, a small smirk on her face.

     "Right back at you," I fire back. The door swings open, revealing Brady, Sergio, and Michael. Courtney greets Brady when he sits back down, and Mikey looks a mix of pissed and crushed. Serg and Michael walk over, and I start to get nervous, my feelings getti mixed up again.

     "I told you I'd be right back," Michael jokes with Bella, and she hugs him from the side once he sits down.

     "You took twenty minutes," she laughs, making him shrug and crinkle up that little nose of his.