Chapter 24

Bella's POV

     "Shoot, I forgot to grab my backpack. It's back with your mom," Michael groans as we wait in line for tacos. The tacos are probably going to be low quality, but it's the thought that counts. When is arena food actually good?

     "I'll go get it," I volunteer, running out of line and back over to my mom. She looks in pain, sitting on her phone as the random "popular" people circle around because Chance is here.

     "Brooklyn, this is Miles," Chance introduces them, and Brooklyn scrunches her nose up and shakes her head.

     "No," she states, taking a step back. I grab Michael's backpack, and I see Amelia glaring at me from across the crowd. She should be paying less attention to me and more attention to her boyfriend. In all honesty, she seems over Miles.

     "I'm sorry Bella, but you need to be at least a nine on the looks scale to be over here, and you're at most a three," Sara sniggers, flipping me off as my mom doesn't pay attention. I roll my eyes, murmuring some unkind things under my breath as I walk back over to Michael. There is a girl turning around who is trying to flirt with him, and he looks extremely uncomfortable. Her shirt doesn't even go below her rib cage, and her butt is actively hanging out of her shorts, but she is pretty. I'll give her that. I walk back over next to Michael.

     "I got your backpack," I smile innocently, handing him his maroon backpack. The girl smiles at him.

     "Is this your sister?" she asks. His eyes widen, and I choke on air. Both of us shake our heads quickly. I'm happy I'm not his sister.

     "No I'm his...," I trail off, not knowing the proper word.

     "Girlfriend," he finishes, wrapping an arm around my waist. My breath catches in my throats, and my face completely changes shades to a bright red.

     "Oh I see," the girl huffs. She's now at the front of the line, so she orders, and we're right after. She orders quickly, and so do we. Now, it's just a waiting game.

     "Girlfriend?" I ask. His confidence doesn't even fade one bit, amazing me.

      "Well, that's what I want you to be," he answers slyly, a small smile on his face. My face, on the other hand, is on fire. My heart rate picks up, the steady beat turning into a drum roll.

     "Th-then why don't you ask me?" I stutter, my nerves taking over. Michael reaches into his backpack and takes something out, a single red rose.

     "Bella Rose Martin, will you, officially, be my girlfriend?" he asks, holding out the rose as an offering. My smile is huge, radiating across the room. We've collected a crowd of about fifty people, just watching.

     "Of course," I smile, wrapping my arms around him. A chorus of claps appears, and I hide my face in Michael's shirt. He rests his chin on the top of my head. As soon as I let go, he already has the tacos in one of his hands.

     "Shall we?" he asks. I laugh but nod. He takes my hand, and we walk back over with the tacos since my mom requested one. We're going to go somewhere else to eat them, so we don't need to be near all of them. We make it over there, and I quickly run over to give my mom her's. The quicker the better.

     "Here you go mom. Michael and I are going to go for a walk while eating our tacos," I inform her, she nods.

     "Have fun, but not too much fun," she laughs, taking her taco from my plate. Suddenly, I hear a tiny squeal.

     "Michael Conor!" a tiny voice squeaks. Brooklyn runs over to Michael and hugs his leg. Chance looks confused while a lot of his group looks annoyed or mad.