Chapter 40

Michael's POV

     "Tell Brady I love him. Brady, Tasha loves you," I read one of the comments from the livestream. Brady looks up from his phone and makes a peace sign.

     "Thank you Tasha," he smiles. The whole academic league team (the remains of it after the random filler people quit unexpectedly) sit at Brady's house. We had a meet tonight, and we have one tomorrow too, overlapping with a football game none of us really care enough to attend. That means Bella, myself, Brady, Drew, Jon, Jaden, Andrew, Dorian, and Cam are all stuffed in Brady's bedroom. I went live, and it's turned into a little party. Most of the fans know who my friends are, as in all of the guys, so it's fine. I'm on my account anyways.

     "Oh Camry," Brady calls, flopping onto his back. "You should turn on some jams from High School Musical."

     "I've got you man," Cam plugs his phone into the aux cord and starts blaring "Bet On It."

     "Yes I'm aware my friends are weird," I respond to one of the comments referring to the dance party going on behind me.

     "But he's weird too," Bella throws in, sticking her tongue out at me.

     "Oh be quiet, I'm no weirder that you," I scrunch my nose up, looking at her.

     "That's the point. I'm one of the weirdest individuals to ever live," she teases. Her phone goes off, and she groans. "It's my mom, I'll be back. She's probably wondering where she put the garage door opener." She rolls her eyes.

     "Be back," I tell her. She leans over, kisses me gently, and walks out of the room, picking up her phone.

     "Y'all should spam the comments section asking Michael to sing some Taylor Swift," Andrew laughs from behind me.

     "I'd prefer not to, but okay," I shrug.

       "Yeah, were happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time," Drew sings from behind me, and the music suddenly changes to Taylor Swift.

      "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" all of the them guys scream when that part of the song comes on.

      "I honestly don't know what's happening guys," I laugh, looking behind me.

      "You know you want to join us Michael," Drew yells over the music.

      "You look like bad news. I gotta have you. I gotta have you," I sing the final line along with them, and they all cheer.

     "That's how you get it done guys. This man just started singing a couple of months ago," Brady pats my head. I smile at the gesture.

      "Why thank you Brady, but we all know you slay the vocal game," I pat him on the back. A text pops up at the top of my screen.

      Bella💞: Come outside

      Very blunt, bland, and unBellalike. If she really needed to get me, couldn't she just walk inside?

     "Um guys, I'm going to go see what Bella's up to. I'll be right back. Don't break my phone," I say the last part incredibly seriously.

      "Okay man," Dorian responds, and I walk out of the room, gently shutting the door behind me. I see Bella outside the door, her head resting in between her knees. I quietly hear her crying.

      "Bella," I instantly squat down next to her, placing my hand on her knee, but she swats it off.

     "It's over," she tells me, dryly and emotionlessly. My heart drops to the bottom of my stomach.