Chapter 31

Bella's POV

     "Okay guys," I start, clapping my hands once for emphasis,"I already set everything up for when you go to LA for the rest of the competition." It's after school, and I have to run an emergency In Real Life meeting about the upcoming performance. My mom was supposed to run it, but she was sick, so I had to take over.

     It's held in her classroom, of course, which is huge, so I have to try to use the space to my advantage, but it's not helping. All of the boys are spread out.

     Brady is in the back right corner with his phone. He is eagerly pressing his fingers against the screen to form a test. In no way, shape or form is he interested.

      Drew is sitting two rows in front of Brady, but on the left side. He is glaring over at Chance, like Chance is doing to him.

      Chance is literally just a mirror image of Drew. They're just in opposite sides of the room.

     Sergio is off towards the left side, not completely over, and is just daydreaming. He looks on forward as if nothing can phase him. He is completely out of it.

     Michael, unlike everyone else is up at the very front, right in front of me. Instead of being like the others and completely ignoring me, he's started talking to me multiple times. We've gotten completely off task, and I've tried to bring it back in multiple times.

     None of the boys respond to my comment. Brady stays on his phone. Chance and Drew continue their stare off. Sergio continues going viewing the path of nothingness. I told Michael that he had to be quiet for a whole five minutes, so he isn't talking. It's been three minutes so far. I wait for a response, but one never comes. I huff.

     "Listen to me," I demand, but nope, nothing, besides Michael drawing a frowny face and handing it to me.

      "Guys," I say sternly, but nothings once again.

      "Fine, if you guys want me to extend the meeting to longer than it has to be, I will," I sit down on my mom's desk in my best attempt to not knock anything over. They still don't care. I'm done with this. I stand up, snatch Brady's phone, put the little partitions that we used to use for testing back in elementary school between Drew and Chance, and I wave my hand in front of Sergio's face before shaking his shoulders. The four of them look up at me, partially annoyed.

     "As I was saying before, I've already set up everything for going to LA for the next round in a week. You guys got lucky enough that if you get through every round, you'll still be in LA every time. Some other groups have to keep going different places, but not you guys," I start explaining. Chance raises his hand. I point to him as a sign to talk.

     "I have football in twenty minutes, so can this be quick?" he looks up at the clock. I roll my eyes. He helped delay the meeting for over fifteen minutes.

      "I need to give out information. My mom gave me a bulletin," I lift up a piece of paper that has the bulletin on it. Chance sighs and leans back in his chair.

      "Okay, so I made a little itinerary for how this trip is going to go," I walk around, dropping a piece of paper on everyone's desk. Brady's hand flies up. I gesture for him to talk.

      "Where are we staying. The itinerary just says 'go to place we're staying,'" Brady asks the one question I don't want to answer, but I knew I would have to.

       "My dad lives in LA with my little sister. We could all fit into his house for free," I try to answer calmly. Brady nods. "Also, each person gets a plus one to take with them. It could be a mom, a friend, anyone. We already have the plane tickets too."