Chapter 36

Drew's POV

     There are several things in life I really don't understand. New thing like that arise everyday. Since we've been in LA, I've found some of those scenarios.

     1: Why Bella gets upset when she can't be next to Michael 24/7. As soon as they are separated for any reason, she gets pissed off and grumpy. It's like she needs him 24/7, but he's fine without her around all the time. Yes, he cares about her, but it's not the same addiction. I really don't understand.

     2: why Tiffany has to go everywhere with us. Bella, Michael, Brady, and I were sitting around after we woke up this morning, and Tiffany told us she was told to hang out with us. I would expect them to want Bella to hang out with her sister, but not all of the time. We haven't even been here a full 24 hours, but I can already tell how this is going to be.

     3: how Mrs. Martin went through a drastic personality change. She went from being cool to being a complete fool. All she does is order us around now. It's not fun anymore.

     4: how I can't get over how good of a dad Chance is, and that I admitted to myself he's one. I can't remember when the revelation came over me, but it hit me like a truck. I acknowledged that Chance was a good dad, a great dad, and it's been stuck in my head, constantly echoing and creating a mess. I hate it that I admitted it, and I hate that it's in my head, but I can't get it out no matter how much I try.

      5: why, two years later, I still can't get into a relationship. I should be able to move on, but I can't. It's like there are invisible chains around me that I can't escape. Whenever I look for a girlfriend, I find no one who interests me, and it's not like there are many girls back home who would date me.

     "Drew, we're here," Brady takes me out of my trance. We had to drive to the soundstage that tomorrow's episode is going to be broadcasted at for dress rehearsals. After the show tomorrow, voting for our round of performances is going to be open until noon the next day, and there is going to be result show that same day voting closes. We're also staying in LA for two days after to watch the next round that New Element is performing in (due to the request of Chance and Sergio), and we're going back home the day after the results show.

      All of the people who came with us, so Michael, myself, Brady, Bella, Mrs. Martin, Chance, Sergio, Emily, and Tiffany, all get out of the car, allowing the driver to go off until we need to be picked up.

     "Are you going to be fine waiting out here alone?" Michael asks Bella. Because Bella was told she couldn't go in there with us, which we found out was a lie, she set it up so she'd meet her friends here, and when we were done, we'd all go to the mall. Bella now has to sit outside alone until the two of them show up, which obviously isn't thrilling Michael.

     "I'm fine. Yes, I'm kind of upset that the only reason I was told I couldn't go in was that my mom wanted to bring Tiffany in there instead of me, and she's also tagging Emily along, but I'm capable of sitting out here alone for fifteen minutes. Besides, there are people watching around. Nothing bad is going to happen," they are starting to fall behind the group, on purpose probably. Michael then whispers something in her ear. She laughs and smiles. "You're right."

     "When am I not?" Michael jokes, elbowing her gently in the side, making her giggle.

      "Bella, come stand up here with me," Mrs. Martin looks back at the two of them. Bella frowns and walks up there while Michael keeps walking slowly in the back.

     "Oh my gosh it's In Real Life!" I hear some guy from one of the other groups yell as we're walking up to get into backstage. The rule is that you have to wait for your whole group to show up before you can go backstage, so that guy is probably like the other guys lingering around, looking for his group. We reach the backstage door, with the area around it dead silent now, that has a big, buff security guard.