Chapter 18

Amelia's POV

     I spot the person I've been looking for this whole party, Michael. He looks gorgeous as always, trying to find his way out. I can't let him leave. I stumble over there until I'm right in front of him.

      "Miiiiichael. I've beeen looking for you, and your tempting face," the words come out freely, and I throw in a little giggle at the end. I might be drunk, but it's alright.

    "I'd love to stay and talk, but I really need to get home," he tries to move around me. It's no secret he doesn't like me at all because of Miles, but I'm trying to fix that.

     "Don't leaveee. I need to kiss you," I giggle, making his eyes widen. That came out wrong, but I don't care. I move one step closer to him, but he moves backwards.

     "You have a boyfriend. I can't kiss you," he lets me know. A gentleman I see.

     "You might as well be my boooyfriend," I admit, resting my hands on his shoulders while crinkling my nose.

     "You're with Miles, and you hate me. Go find Chance. He's probably here," he says 3/4 of the truth. In no world do I hate him. I adore him, unlike I feel about Miles now.

     "Miles doesn't care about me Michael," I whimper right before I start crying. I hate alcohol. It makes me say stuff I don't mean and messes me up inside.

     At the start of the party, I was trying to find the bathroom. I chose the wrong door and walked in on Sara and Miles doing it. I start crying, and Michael wraps his arms around me. Being in his embrace feels so nice and cozy, as if it's where I belong.

     "Yes he does," he says softly, but I shake my head and start crying even more.

     "I caught him k-kissing Sara at the start of the party," I modify the story. I don't want to say it out loud.

     "Amelia," he hums sweetly, making me go crazy inside. I'd do practically anything to let me hear him say my name all day.

     "I w-want to get back at him for it," I sniffle.

     "This isn't how you do it. Just confront him about it," he gives me honest advice. I look up and smile at him. He looks over my shoulder to something happening.

     "Get out of here!" Drew yells at someone. Michael's eyes widen.

     "Thank you so much, but there's one thing," I announce, trying to get his attention away from that.

     "What is it?" he asks.

      "Me get out! I was here first!" Chance goes back at him. That isn't going to end well. Michael looks worried, making me frown. He shouldn't have to watch Drew like a toddler. He deserves his own life.

     "You're just so damn cute that I can't help myself," I whisper in his ear before doing the thing I've wanted to do so much recently, I kiss him. His lips are so soft, like a dream land. He isn't kissing me back, but he isn't pulling away. I grab onto his hands and intertwine them with mine. It's a magical feeling.

      I then move his hands onto my waist and put my hands on his shoulders. He slowly starts kissing me back, making me smile internally. I pull him closer, and we stand there kissing. It's so surreal, the guy who I've had a thing for for the longest time is actually kissing me now. It's exactly like how I imagined, yet so much better at the same time.

     It starts picking up. My hands move to his hair, my hands running through it. Our lips move in sync now, a perfect movement. We're as close as we can be right now, standing right against each other.