Chapter 35

Bella's POV

     It felt like I was suffocating in that car. Whatever's going on between my parents was filling the air, and it was slowly killing me. Yes, I want my mom to be happy (even though I'm still upset with her) but doing this with my dad again isn't going to do help. To her luck, she'll end up with another kid.

     We finally pulled up to the house a minute ago, and I hopped out as soon as I could. My dad took the "long way home" so he could spend more time with us, but all he did was talk to my mom. I was just sitting behind them texting Michael, who, according to Stone, is Tiffany's new favorite person, how fun. 

     Everyone else had already gotten back, so we were a holdup. Everyone already had the luggage out of he car, so we could just grab our luggage and head inside, which brings us to now. Everyone is standing inside as my dad shows everyone to their rooms. Stone and I get our old rooms, my mom is staying with my dad, the boys and Brooklyn get a room, and all of the other guests get to share a room.

     "I have to share a room with two moms," Emily says in horror. It's honestly not bad. Madeline and Coleen both seem like cool moms, the type of moms that you could talk to about anything even though you aren't their physical child, universal moms one might call them.

     "I'm sorry Em. I'd let you stay with us, but our room is already full," Sergio frowns.

     "Brooklyn's staying in there," Emily rolls her eyes. Yeah, but Brooklyn's also two.

     "But Brooklyn's two," Michael juts into the conversation, and I look over at him. I swear, that boy can read my mind.

     "Mom, can I give the guys a house tour?" I ask in attempt to separate from the crowd. 14 people is too much for me. I also feel extra tense around my dad, like he isn't actually my dad. All I remember from the brief time I lived here is being uncomfortable, and that feeling is back.

     "I don't see why not," she's just pleased I'm taking to her. Yes, my escape is here. Now, I can hang out with my friends how I want to, not being scared of an assumption of one of them being my boyfriend.

      "Oh, and bring Tiffany along with you," of course, there has to be a catch. My dad has to mess up my plan.

       "We're going on a house tour," I inform the boys, grabbing Michael's hand and practically pulling him away from my sister while also dragging Brady along so it doesn't look weird that I'm holding Michael's hand.

      "Thank you for bringing me to conceal Mella. I genuinely am honored to be your choice of decoy. I mean, you could have chose Drew," Brady places a hand over his heart.

     "Your sister has already posted three pictures of me with her on her instagram," Michael admits, his eyes wide. He looks at the three different posts, scrolling through the comments.

      "She also called him hot, and said your boyfriend is going to have lice and smell like shit," Brady laughs as everyone trails slowly behind us, far enough that we can talk.

     "She has high thoughts of me," I roll my eyes as I see her taking a picture with Chance now. "You know what, I don't care about this house tour. I'm going to show you guys your room then end it to get some peace."

      "I've never seen you this grumpy," Brady laughs. I sigh.

     "I just... I don't even know. Just being here makes me stressed. It brings out a worse Bella," I admit, holding the bridge of my nose with my hand that was holding Brady's.

     "Do you want to be left alone for a while?" Michael asks, his face etched with care. I shake my head.

     "I want to just hang out with you guys, and not have to hide stuff. Even being around Tiffany before I had a boyfriend set me off because I was afraid she'd snitch on me for something stupid," I tell them. If I'm being honest, all I really want to do right now is sit in my room with Michael and watch some YouTube on my tv.