Chapter 8

Mikey's POV

     I'm leaning on my locker, waiting for one of my friends to walk past. Sara and Amelia told me they'd come quick, but they're taking longer than usual. Since I'm soooo lucky, my locker got wedged between Conor's and Brady's, isolating me. Out of nowhere, the perfect thing gets set up.

     Courtney starts walking down the hall on my left, her hair up in a high ponytail. She looks slightly upset, but it's fine. She still looks great. On my right, Brady is walking past, alone. Right as Brady is about to walk past me, I casually slip my foot out, causing him to fall flat on his face.

     Now, I'm not a bad person for doing this. Although I hate Brady, this is just a technique to get the girls. They will usually laugh and drool over the guy who tripped the nerd, but not this time. Courtney looks at me, disgusted, and goes to HELP UP Brady. 

     Of course she goes over and talks to Brady. It's ALWAYS Brady. Who is every single teacher's favorite? Brady. Who's the principal's favorite? Brady. Who always gets recognized for being naturally smart while I'm pushing myself to be better? Brady. And now, who gets the girl? Brady.

     "Shoot, are you okay?" she asks as soon as she helps him up. He nods, quickly wiping off his nose.

     "Of course. Are you okay? You look distressed," he questions, and she shrugs.

     "I suppose. Cheer was just...," she leads off, not knowing what to say.

     "Atrocious," he finishes off for her, and she nods, her eyes starting to get watery.

     "It's just the same thing happened at my old school, and I don't want it to repeat," she sighs.

     "Come here," he says awkwardly, sticking his arms out. She laughs softly before walking into them, giving him a hug. It's like a stab to the chest. He might of won this round, but he won't win the next one. I see Conor walking up with some girl, and I bounce, knowing I won't be able to stay here any longer.

Michael's POV

     Bella and I decided that we were going to go find Brady and tell him the good news about his secret admirer. Brady always walks the same way to each of his classes, so I know exactly where to find him. The two of us turn down the hall my locker is at to see Mikey Jimenez staring bitterly as Brady hugs Courtney. Bella's jaw drops.

     "Is that Courtney as in Sara's sister Courtney?" she asks, and I nod.

     "The one hugging Brady? Yeah," I respond. If Drew or Chance saw the two of them hugging, they'd flip out.

     "The last time I saw her she was in middle school. It's just so weird seeing her now," she gapes. Once Mikey sees the two of us, he walks swiftly in the other direction. 

     "Lets just wait here until they're done hugging. This is cute," Bella smiles proudly as if she's watching some romance movie. Her hands are folded together under her chin.

     "Move out of the way," some random jerk from the football team, not specifically from Chances group, pushes Bella out of the way, making her scoff. She starts to approach him, but I pull her back.

     "He's a literal giant who weights twice as much us you," I inform her as she huffs.

     "I can handle it," she looks up at me with puppy eyes.

     "That's the same guy who slammed Brady, Cam, and I into a locker at once. He's given everyone in our group at least three black eyes, and I'm not letting you get hurt on your first day here," I tell her, making her frown. 

     "So you'll let me get hurt tomorrow?" she teases, so I roll my eyes at her.

     "Come on. They've stopped hugging," I tap her shoulder, making her roll her eyes.

     "What do you call an educated tube?" she asks Brady, and he shrugs.

     "I don't know," he replies.

     "A graduated cylinder," she answers. Brady makes that "ugh" sound he make sure all the time.

     "Wow," he laughs.

     "Brady, you have a secret admirer," Bella says, confusing him.

     "Me? No. There's a Brady who's a senior who plays basketball," he tells her, and Bella raises her eyebrows.

     "Really, cause when she described it, it sounded like it was you," Bella convinces him. Cam pops out nowhere.

     "Who is it?" he asks, patting Brady on the head from behind.

     "The ever so wonderful Sara," Bella announces. Cam starts laughing hysterically as a look of fear comes across Brady's face.  Courtney chokes on the water she was drinking from her water bottle.

     "This is a prank," Brady says straight faced, but I shake my head.

     "She said, and I quote,'Brady I guess. He gives off this innocent vibe that makes him that much better,' before smirking," I quote her, and Cam keeps laughing.

     "That's what you get for not being an asshole to her like Michael," Cam says, and I look at him.

     "I wouldn't use the word asshole. More like extremely sassy and snarky," I correct him to make it sound better.

     "Wait, you guys are talking about the Sara that hangs out with Devin and Chance right?" Courtney asks, and we nod.

      "Yeah," Cam tells her.

     "She told me she liked someone in her friend group as well as someone else," she tells us, and I nudge Brady.

     "You've got to fight for her heart bro. Battle to the death for Sara's hand," I joke, and he groans. 

     "Honestly, just act somewhat like Michael, and she'll hate you," Cam points out, making me glare at him.

     "Hi Michael, Bella, Cam, Brady, and other," Drew targets Courtney as soon as he walks over. 

     "I have to go. Bye Brady," she waves as she quickly walks away. Drew looks at Brady.

   "What was that? That's Chance's cousin," he scolds Brady, making him shrug.

     "I fell on my face, and she helped me get up," he defends himself. Drew glares at him.

     "Just don't do it again."

I know this has nothing to do with IRL, but my friend made this with a screenshot I sent her of the Peppa pig livestream I was watching I sent her

I know this has nothing to do with IRL, but my friend made this with a screenshot I sent her of the Peppa pig livestream I was watching I sent her. It was @_OliveWrites_ , so go read what she writes. I vote she just makes high quality Peppa Pig memes all the time, but that's just me. TELL HER THAT ALLY SENT YOU ILL GET CREDIT.