Chapter 32

Drew's POV

     "Everest, K2, Kangchenjunga," Brady answers the question, earning us another point. We're at an academic league meet the day before we're going to LA. Our team has actually been doing well this season. Bella's mom was able to get enough people on the team to fill in JV and even make it so they had enough people that Brady could be on varsity. JV already won their meet, which happened before ours, so the pressure is on to win this one.

      As if to intensify the pressure, there are 30 fans of In Real Life standing at the back of the room watching us. I have no idea how they knew we were going to be here, but there is a huge group of them wearing some homemade merch. It affect JV at all, or part of varsity, but it's affected some of us. I've been too scared to answer a question and mess up. Bella looks like she's either about to pass out or start crying, so Michael is barely paying attention. Even though Mrs. Martin pulled her out, Michael was still distracted, so she pulled both of them out. She might as well pull me out while she's at it.

     "Correct," we get another point. The score isn't even close, we have a flipping walking encyclopedia on our team, even if he is under pressure. The five of us that are in are Brady, myself, Cam, Jon, and Andrew, literally all of us on varsity besides Michael and Bella, but only Brady is doing anything. Cam might have answered one or two questions, and Andrew answered some question about fish, but other than that, the rest of us have done nothing.

      At the end of the meet, we have triple their score. It was their home meet, so the twelve of us from our school are free to leave now. I shoot a look to Brady and Michael telling them to go over and talk to the fans once they're ready. Both of them nod.

      "Okay, whose house are we going to for the after party? I think it's Andrew's turn," Dorian asks as soon as the meet is over. It's a tradition of ours to have a sleepover after every meet, but we call it an "after party" to make it sound cooler.

     "I think so too. Who's car are we taking?" Andrew asks. I shrug.

     "Michael, Brady, and I are going to stay back for a while. I'll drive them," I inform them. The rest of the guys nod and head out the door. The other school starts putting stuff away, but the girls are still waiting in the back. I glance over at Bella, Michael, and Mrs. Martin.

     "If you feel sick, then why is Michael hugging you? You don't want to get him sick," Mrs. Martin interrogates Bella. Bella groans.

     "Because mom," is her response. Mrs. Martin looks back at the group of girls, and her eyes widen.

     "Honey, those girls won't care if your friends with 'their boys.' You guys are all just friends after all," and this is another moment where Mrs. Martin being out of the loop is clearly evident. She still doesn't know about her daughter's relationship. Everything about this situation clicks in my head. Bella 1: is scared those girls are going to make a comment about her dating Michael around her mom and 2: she's afraid of what they are going to say about her.

     "Mom, I'm fine. Just leave," Bella tries to shoo her mom off, not a smart choice. Her mom narrows her eyes, putting her hands on her hips.

      "Is there something you aren't telling me Bella Rose?" her mom glares at Bella. She's screwed. I should probably go over to the fans, but this seems like a scene straight out of a movie that I can't help but to watch.

      "Ummm," Bella trails off. Suddenly, a moment of realization comes across Mrs. Martin's face. When I see her look between Michael and Bella, I know it's over.

      "Isabella, are you in a relationship with Michael?" they've been exposed. By the look on both Michael and Bella's faces, it's obvious. Mrs. Martin groans.