Chapter 16

Michael's POV

      "We go on the 3rd count," Drew demonstrates to Chance.

     "No, we go on the forth count," Chance protests, demonstrating to Drew. We only have a couple more rehearsals, and we are getting nowhere. So far, we only know the song and very little choreography because the two of them can't agree on anything. The rest of us are already tired of it. Even Sergio agrees with us.

     "How about I go on the one count, Sergio goes on the two count, Drew goes on the three count, Chance goes on the four count, and Brady goes in the five count? Then, it'll look like a ripple, and we won't have to worry about going at the same time," I suggest, not looking up from my phone. This is practically how all the rehearsals go. Drew and Chance fight about something stupid while the rest of us sit on our phones.

     "Good idea," Chance smiles, and Drew glares at him.

     "Umm Michael," Brady speaks up. I turn to face him.

     "Yeah," I respond.

      "I can't hang out with you tonight. My dad just got a promotion at work, so my family decided to go out for a celebratory dinner. I'm really sorry," he apologizes, and I shrug. It's not that big of a deal.

     "It's fine. You should apologize to Bella not me," I tell him.

     "I told her earlier," he informs me, and I nod.

      "Go have fun with your family," I pat him on the back, making a smile appear on his face.

     "Oh my god Chance stop being such a baby!" Drew yells, slapping Chance's arm.

     "I'm the baby? The baby is always the one who accuses someone else of being the baby!" Chance screams. Brady sighs and stands up.

     "Rehearsals are over for today lets go," he announces, grabbing Drew's arm and pulling him away to avoid any conflict. "Have fun tonight, Michael. Make me proud!"

     "Bye Brady. Bye Drew," I wave, and Brady jumps back into the doorway to wave at me just to keep walking away.

     "Hey Serg, can I talk to Michael for a bit?" Chance asks, and I think of the worst. Sergio nods.

     "Of course Chance. Just don't be too long. You're my ride," he laughs, making Chance laugh, which makes Sergio laugh more. Sergio runs out, leaving me with Chance.

     "I missed you Michael," he sighs, giving me a hug. Oh, this is worse than the worst I was thinking of.

     "Stop Chance," I try to push him off of me, but his grip is too strong.

     "Come on MC," he tries to encourage me, making me scoff.

     "Don't call me that. Only my friends can call me that," I tell him, finally escaping his death grip.

      "We are friends," he frowns.

      "Were. You made your choice two years ago," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. This is the last thing I want to deal with right now.

     "None of us wanted you to leave. Ask any of the seniors or juniors in the group. They'll support me on this. We all miss you," he tries to convince me, but I'm not buying it.

      "Sure. That's why I got kicked out for doing nothing wrong, and a fucking murderer got to stay," I sling my backpack over my shoulder. Chance frowns.

      "We didn't kick you out. He did, and he had no right to that," he places a hand on my shoulder, giving the stare that makes everyone give in...but me.