Chapter 33

Sergio's POV

      "You ready Em?" I ask my girlfriend as we wait outside the airport. Yes, girlfriend. I asked her out after homecoming. She said yes, and here we are now, me taking her to LA as my guest. When I offered the idea to her, she was automatically sold.

      "More than I ever have been," she smiles up at me, giving me a light kiss right after.

     "Who are we waiting for?" Drew asks, standing right next to his mom. Yes, Drew is bringing his mom with him as his plus one, but so is Brady. Brady had to. Since he's the youngest, he had to have a parent/ guardian with him.

     "Chance," I respond. Drew is (obviously) here with his mom already. I'm here with Em while Brady is here with his mom. Mrs. Martin brought her son, and Michael brought Bella, no shocker.

     "Of course," Drew mumbles. The flaw to him bringing his mom is that she doesn't know about the Chance and Drew situation, so they can't freak out at each other like normal. It might be a flaw to them, but it helps the rest of us.

      "Brady?" I try to get Brady's attention. His head snaps towards me.

       "Yeah," he walks over. I look over at Bella and Michael. Once again, I'm missing something. Usually, when around Bella's mom, to keep their cover, they try to keep everything low key, but not now. Bella is shivering, wearing one of Michael's sweatshirts, and he has his arms around her, his head resting on top of hers. In no way is this low key.

      "Am I missing something?" I gesture to Michael and Bella.

      "Oh, they're like... a thing. I thought you knew they were together," Brady tells me what I already know.

       "I know that they're together, but aren't they trying to keep it a secret?" I make my question less vague.

       "Oh, Mrs. Martin found out yesterday. They got in a fight, and Mrs. Martin accidentally called Bella a mistake, so Bella freaked out," Brady gives me the 15 second story. It makes sense. That's why Bella is purposely standing as far away from her mom as possible, and why Mrs. Martin looks incredibly awkward. Out of nowhere, Chance emerges, holding the hand of his daughter who comes walking with a pink suitcase behind her.

       "I forgot how far away this munchkin lived, sorry," Chance apologizes as soon as he reaches hearing distance. Brooklyn giggles, and starts jumping up and down.

      "We get to fly with Michael Conor?" Brooklyn asks her dad, smiling. Chance smiles down at her.

      "Yep," he laughs. Brooklyn lights up.

---

Michael's POV

      "Michael Conor," a little voice takes my attention away from the gate and over to her.

      "Hey Brooklyn," I smile. She climbs on the chair to the right of me (Bella is on my left side) and places her tiny hand on top of mine.

       "Will you sit on the plane with me?" she asks. I hear Bella lightly giggle from behind me.

      "I would love to, but we have assigned seating," I frown, and she makes a pouty face.

       "There you are," Chance grabs her and lifts her in the air, making her giggle.

       "Dad, having assigned seating makes it so I can't sit next to Michael Conor," Brooklyn tells Chance grumpily. Chance strokes his chin.

       "Well, all of our seats are in a cluster, so if the two of you sit in the isle, you'll practically be sitting next to each other," Chance tells her, and she smiles.