Chapter 22

Chance's POV

     "It looks like your band is a no show," Miles states, looking around. Their whole band is here, wearing matching outfits of black, white, and sparkly red. I drove up here with Alex, Courtney, Devin, and Skyler. Sara was going to ride with us originally, but then she decided to go in the other car with Miles, Amelia, Jay, Marcus, and Mikey.

     "I wouldn't be surprised if Sergio wasn't with them," I admit, looking around. Mikey, Marcus, and Jay are talking to each other, laughing. Courtney is off to the side with Amelia, both wearing shirts that say In Real Life on the front and New Element on the back.

     I have no idea why Amelia insisted on having In Real Life on her shirt, but it's nice of her. The only other people who wanted In Real Life on their shirts are Alex, Skyler, and Devin, but he can't wear his shirt right now. I got their band name on a shirt, so it's kind of even that Devin has mine on his

     Skyler and Devin are just standing there, hugging, him looking down at her with a proud smile on his face. Sara is right next to Miles as if they're connected. Lastly, Alex is next to me, my arm wrapped around her waist.

     "I have to go to the bathroom," Sara announces, running a hand through her hair.

     "I need to go too. I'll come with," Miles states, walking away with her. Amelia seems completely unfazed. She's talking to Courtney quietly, and Courtney is listening to her, nodding in response and understanding.

     "Chance, your phone just went off," Alex informs me, nudging my side slightly. I pull out my phone to see I have a text from Sergio. They're here now.

     "Sergio is here. I'm supposed to go to gate C," I tell them, seeing as we're gathered at gate A. The stadium isn't that huge, but it's still big. If we advance, it will just get bigger.

     "I'll come with you," Alex tells me.

     "Are you sure? You'll probably have to hang out with only Bella for a while," I clarify. Courtney stands up.

     "I'll go with you too," she announces in the midst of fixing her ponytail. She walks over and smiles.

     "Are you both sure?" I ask, and they both nod with no hesitation.

     "We are here to see you anyways," Alex rolls her eyes with a small smile on her face.

---

Sergio's POV

     I stand anxiously at the gate waiting for Chance. That car ride was so awkward and painful. I'm so lucky I fell asleep. But I feel like something important happened. Like, really important. Bella and Michael are being more coupley than usual. Along with that, Drew and Brady keep whispering to each other in an excited yet cautious way.

       As soon as I see Chance, I ease up. Following next to him are Alex and Courtney. Part of me was hoping Courtney would stay with the others, giving Mikey an opportunity  to make a move, but she came over here. Mikey deserves a chance, no pun intended.

      "Hey Sergio," Alex greets as they make it over here. I wave.

     "Ah, you're here Mr. Perez. Now, we can sign in," Mrs. Martin sighs. She gestures us over, and we walk over there, in a heard. Chance is near the back, and Drew is like the front. If we want this to work, they need to be as far away from each other as possible.

     Some other group is in front of us, signing in. They all look like clones of each other, the same generic swoopy blonde hair and blue eyes. They're all the same height as well. The girls at the booth, who look around our age, look beyond bored. As soon as the other group finishes signing in, they move out of the way. Once they more out of the way, the girls perk up. They both visibly scan over us.