Chapter 26

Sergio's POV

      "Okay, we're getting this last clip of footage for the show. Then, you guys are free," some producer guy informs us. We apparently have to film this band intro package thing for the show, and the producers wanted us to film it at an amusement park; so, we are here at the amusement park nearest to us filming clips for the show. We're on the last one.

     "We're In Real Life, and we want to be your next boy band," we say exactly like the producers said. The director claps her hands.

      "Thank you so much boys! Now, we're going to hand you over to your manager," she smiles, her workers packing their equipment up. As soon as the director walks away, Mrs. Martin turns to us.

      "Okay, you guys can do whatever you want, within the park  rules, but stay using the buddy system," she informs us. I go over to Chance. Brady and Drew pair up. Michael, obviously, goes with Bella since she is here because of her mom. "Haha, you guys thought you could choose. I already have the pairings," Mrs. Martin laughs cruelly. I already know there is no possible combination that will work well for Chance and I.

     "Oh no," I can hear Chance murmur next to me. Oh no indeed

     "Sergio is with Brady," Mrs. Martin smiles. I internally groan before walking next to him. He is the reason I'm stuck in this situation anyways. Drew and Chance are both glaring at each other in fear.

      "Michael you're with Bella," Mrs. Martin tells them, and I throw my hands up in he air. Chance crosses his arms, and so does Drew.

      "I'm not going to go anywhere with him," Chance spits.

     "Right back at you," Drew fires back. It turns into an intense staring contest between the two of them and Mrs. Martin.

      "I simply paired you up with the person who caused the conflict in the first place, if there was a person, that put you in the band," Mrs. Martin tells us all. Michael and Bella already walked off somewhere, so it's only the four of us arguing with her.

     "Mrs. Martin...," Brady starts, but she holds her hand up.

      "It's final guys. Brady and Sergio go left. Drew and Chance go right," she commands us, pointing in both directions. It's not worth this much of a fight. Brady and I start walking away. We walk in silence, an awkward silence.

     "You know what's funny?" I ask out of nowhere. Brady looks at me.

      "What?"

      "That neither of us were here when everything blew up, yet we still hate each other. I don't even know the full story of what happened," I admit. The only reason we dislike each other is the fact that our friends don't like each other. I don't have anything against Brady as a person.

      "True. I only don't like you because you're friends with Chance," Brady says, and I nod.

       "So lets just pretend, for the moment, that the whole situation didn't happen, like we just met," I suggest. It's better than being miserable the whole night.

       "Okay. Hello, I'm Brady Tutton," he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

      "Sergio Calderon," I shake his hand.

      "Do you want to go get some food? I'm hungry," Brady asks, and I nod quickly.

      "I'm so hungry."

---

Chance's POV

      This is misery. Drew and I are just walking laps around the park, silently. I have to say, it's good exercise, but I'd rather do it alone. I mean, this is Drew we're talking about. Maybe, just maybe, I could convince him about the treaty now that we're alone.