Chapter 41

A/N: SHORT BUT IMPORTANT CHAPTER

Brady's POV

     "Is Michael still crying back there?" Cam asks me, looking towards the back of the bus. All of academic league had a meet today that we all just were on varsity for. The school was an hour away, so we had to have a bus take us there and back. We won the meet, but only seven of us actually competed. Michael didn't compete, he just sat out the whole time. Now that we're back on the bus, he's went back to the back of the bus and is crying again.

     It was inevitable they'd break up. No one wanted it to happen, but we all knew it was going to, just not this soon. Michael's torn apart about it. I stayed home from school with him today, but I don't know how much that helped. I just didn't want him to be alone.

     "Yeah. I'll go sit with him," I don't want him to be alone for any of this. He's afraid of everyone leaving of abandoning him. I know that. He's talked to me about it. It's Athazagoraphobia, and especially right now, I don't want it to affect him that much. I walk to the back of the bus. He's lying across one of the seats, the seats in the very back.

      "Move over," I tell him, but he doesn't. I decide to just lie on top of him until he moves. He moves so he's sitting up, and I wrap my arms around him. "Talk to me brother."

     "I've talked to you all day," he sniffles, and I shrug.

     "Talk some more. What's going on up there," I tap his forehead. He shrugs.

     "Hell, I don't even know," he runs a hand through his hair. "I was happy again Brady."

     "I'm going to tell you something, and you have to believe me," I look over at him. He nods. "Bella didn't cause all your happiness. Before she came, you were fine. The two of us, we were living the life. Before all this girl drama came up, we were Conrad Smite and Brody Tighton, frustrating all the kids who thought they were better than us with ease."

     "I do remember that," he softly admits.

     "As much as the media and stuff pushes it, romantic connections aren't the main way to bring happiness. The absence of that happiness now that you don't have a girl in your life can be made up by our bro bond," I encourage him, patting his shoulder.

     "Bro bond?" he's lightly smiling, which is better than before.

     "Yeah. We can do manly stuff like fixing cars or doing hundreds of push-ups without stopping. On the other hand, we could get some Starbucks and go to the movies," I laugh, hugging him. "The two of us, we're this unstoppable force, and that power can not be compared to anything else."

     "Oh look who's coming to join us," I laugh as I see Drew hopping down the isle.

     "Hurry up Dr...," I'm cut off my the screeching of the breaks. I'm thrown out of my seat, a sharp pain floods my body, and the whole world goes black.

 I'm thrown out of my seat, a sharp pain floods my body, and the whole world goes black

Me @ myself after writing this

Welp I'm out, it's last midnight and  I should be sleeping, but I'm texting one of my friends now so why not post lol

Thoughts? 

Predictions on the rest of the book? There are only up to 5 chapters remaining

Love you guys