Chapter 17

Drew's POV

     I drive up to a house with people crying and smoking on the lawn. This is the place. I like to go to parties. I never get over the top drunk and crazy, but it helps me feel normal again, like an actual teenager.

     Of course, I don't go to any parties that kids from our school throw. I would get kicked out so fast. No, I go to parties of kids from other schools. They don't know who I am, which is both a blessing and a curse. I have no one to talk to, but nobody knows my backstory. I ask the guys to come with me, but they always say no and give excuses.

     Jon is visiting family over the weekend.

     Cam is having a game night.

     Brady is going out to a celebratory dinner.

     Jaden is going to a church function.

     Dorian is going to the movies.

     Michael is babysitting.

     Andrew is going fishing.

      Do I believe this? No. Some of it? Yes. All of it? No.

     I park the car a block down the street before quickly fixing my bandana. My feet hit the ground, and I shut the door to my car before walking over. The house isn't too big or too small. It's just right.

     As soon as I get close enough, a see a crowd of girls sitting in a circle with one of them crying in the middle. They are all huddled around her as she sobs violently.

     "I c-can't believe he did that to me," she cries. Girl crying because her boyfriend cheated on her, check.

     I walk through, past an array of smoke to the true party. People of dancing on each other, and a strong stench of body odor, alcohol, smoke, cologne, and perfume are filing the room. It's packed like sardines, barely any wiggle room. I somehow manage to squeeze through into the kitchen.

     "Dreeeeeew," I hear someone call. It's the worst when someone has the same name as you because when you look over, you always see that everyone is calling for them instead of you. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I spin around to come face to face with someone I didn't think I'd see here. Amelia.

     "Drewwww. Where's Michael?" she pouts, crossing her arms. She's obviously drunk, slurring and stumbling. Her dress is at least three sizes too small, and her heels are way too thin.

     "I don't know a Drew," I fake in a deep voice. Hopefully she'll believe it.

     "You're Drew Ramos silly. You're friends with Michael Conor, the hottie I'm looking for," she explains to me, giggling at the end.

     "Michael didn't come here," I let her know. She was never going to give up. She looks confused.

     "Yes he did. He was looking fiiiiiiiine. He was wearing a black sweatshirt and basketball shorts. Oh, and he was also with the queen bitch herself," she huffs at the end.

     "I didn't know he was with you," I smile before walking away. It was just a fluke that Amelia is here. There is no one else here from school. There can't be. She imagined Michael.

     I need a distraction. School is the last thing I want to think about now, especially Chance and his group, the people who have ruined everything for me, taking away everything. They took everything, and they still want more. I heard Chance talking to Michael, one of my best friends, to go to their side. Of course he's not fine with practically taking our whole old friend group with him. He has to take some of the few ones that are on my side now.