Chapter 23

Bella's POV

     Those girls lied. We got here so early that there were only several people in front of us in line. All of the people, however, were teenage girls. They have little booklets in their hands.

     "This show is going to blow up, and we'll know that we went to one of the first episodes," one of the girls smiles to one of her friends. They nod.

     "Looking through this, it shocks me that they're only choosing four bands to move onto the next round. There are fifteen bands competing for a spot. Only around 27% of the bands are getting through," one of the girls in the glob sighs. My eyes widen. 27% is in no way high. Along with that, I have two bands that I want to move on, I still want my brother's band to do good, and it's not probable at this point.

     "So the bands competing here are New Element, Kings of Bling, Our World, Estevan's Amigos, Nightfall Symphony, Unlockable, Crossover, In Real Life, Oblivious, Wild Five, Bulldog Radiation, Cloud Rampage, Sinner's Mischief, and The Lady Slayers," a girl reads off a piece of paper. Suddenly, a girl turns to us.

     "Who are you guys here to see? We're here to see everyone," she smiles, two French braids in her hair.

     "My boyfriend and one of my friends is in In Real Life and some of my friends are in New Element," Alex informs the girl.

     "Ooh, which one is your boyfriend?" the girl asks Alex intently.

     "You wouldn't know their names," Alex says, and the girl shakes her head.

     "It's in the brochure that is in that display over there. There's a picture of each band with the member's names next to it," she hands Alex a brochure. I lean off to the side to get out of the way as they talk.

     "Oh my gosh you're dating that one! I can see it though. It works," now, all of the girl's friends are looking over.

     "What's going on Jules?" one of the other girls asks.

     "I'm just talking to...," she trails off.

     "Alex," she speaks up, and the girl nods. Soon enough, the girls are mingling with our group, primarily Alex, which she doesn't necessarily look excited about.

     "Bella," Courtney speaks up from beside me, surprising me. It really shouldn't. It's obvious she has nothing against our group unlike all of the other people.

     "Yeah," I respond, turning towards her.

      "Have you ever talked to Amelia before when Michael wasn't around?" she asks randomly as Alex is practically mobbed with questions.

     "Yeah, in science, I believe. Why?" I answer, and Courtney shrugs.

      "She just seems to have strong opinions about you. I didn't know if it was just based off when you were with Michael or something else," she admits. I know that Amelia hates me with a passion. When I look behind me, the line is huge. We must ave beat the rush.

---

Sergio's POV

     The nerves are taking over us, all of us. Drew looks like he's about to pass out, his forehead pressed against a wall. His mom is going to be watching. He has the right to be nervous. Chance is sitting in a chair pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed and elbows on his knees. His daughter, who I hear is named Brooklyn, is going to be here.

      "Why do we have to be on second to last?" I grumble to myself. We have to be near the very end, letting the nerves brew even more every time another band performs. Several groups have done really good, while others didn't do so good. Several groups had massive voice cracks. It just makes us even more nervous.