Disappearance

RO wandered around aimlessly around the worn paths of the Land of Dawn's battlegrounds. If it was an ordinary day, RO would've bumped into another hero or villain by now. But there was no one in sight. It was as if everyone had been abducted by alien sheep with four eyes. Ever since RO had watched that horror movie, counting sheep never worked for falling asleep. Suddenly, an idea occured. Perhaps RO's sense of hearing was the only thing wrong. To test this, RO tried speaking.

RO: Hello? Is anyone here?

RO's voice meekly echoed in the empty air. So, it definitely wasn't hearing loss. However, the world seemed to be devoid of sound. RO was even starting to miss the squawking cries of the swans. A hint of fear started to settle in RO's chest.

RO: Anyone?

At that moment, RO would've settled for Alice, even though it would probably mean death. Anything was better than being alone. Alone in the suddenly dark world...

The sun seemed to become duller, and the blue sky looked grayer. The frantic footsteps and whispers sounded muted to RO's ears, but it still got across. A tiny flash of hope lit inside.

RO: I knew you guys were just tricking me! It's not April Fools yet, you know.

RO stopped and realized that the sounds were not from someone else. It was RO's own.

RO: But I'm not whispering, am I? 

RO's voice sounded different. It was like hearing something underwater. RO stood around for a few seconds, waiting for an answer. But who was there to reply?

Hey...

The voice sounded muffled.

It's not funny anymore...

It was just like that time.

It really isn't...

It was exactly like that time.

Funny...

...

BOO! Did I ruin the mood there? Heh, I'd say sorry, but then I'd be lying. Wink, wink. I originally hadn't planned for this book to be serious, but I might turn it into something more than humor and weird jokes. Should I? Opinions are welcome!