Roger (Part 1)

Short, yet long bio: A pack of wolves had been hunting near Roger's home, but never ever bothered any humans. The wolf king called White Tooth (even though Stink Breath would probably suit him better) had an evil force inside of it, and the pack attacked travelers on trails for food. Roger, who is a hunter, decided to take action and stop any more unnecessary deaths. He defeated the wolf king and cut its belly open just in time to save a little girl, but the evil force moved inside Roger instead. Soon after, he realized that he was a werewolf and turned into a monster every full moon. To prevent himself from harming his loved ones, he had no choice but to run far away.

*When Roger turns into a wolf, his clothes disappear, but his pants are still intact, even though he doesn't need any. I'm sure there's enough fur under there to cover himself up! (I don't mean anything by saying this...)

*When he turns back into a human, all his original clothes also return. Either Roger has the World Record for fastest dresser, or there's some crazy werewolf magic going on.

*Roger's story is quite close to Ruby's (they both involve cutting wolves open), so they get along well. For now, at least.

*Likes: Hunting, family

*Dislikes: Wolves

RO has been caught red-handed. Roger is staring at RO patiently, waiting for an answer. RO doesn't know how long his patience will last and decides to hastily come up with an answer.

A. Tell him they were talking about his pants.

B. Explain how they were just agreeing on something.

C. Give him the truth.

D. Try and persuade him that he heard wrong.

RO is not the type to give up easily and chooses Choice D.

RO: You heard wrong. We were talki-

Roger: But I was sure that you said my name.

RO: Nope, I was saying something about dodge balls.

Roger: ...Dodge balls? Really?

Roger seriously questions RO's lying skills.

RO: Yup.

Roger: My hearing is sharp enough. I clearly heard you say Roger.

RO: ...Maybe you're right.

RO gets the feeling of being watched. The funny thing was, this had already happened twice before. RO is slightly unnerved but sticks around and tries Choice B anyways.

RO: You know how there's this saying about roger that?

Roger: Yeah, but I don't think that was what you were talking about with Ruby.

RO: But how would you know?

Roger: Because I heard you ask a question that included my name.

RO feels like Roger already knows the truth but continues on with Choice A.

RO: Fine, you win. We were talking about your pants.

Roger: Oh... that's... uh, nice to hear.

RO: Yup, it's strange that you wear pants even when you're a w-

RO cuts off, realising that the beans had almost been spilled. And you couldn't eat beans once they were on the floor. Muffins, maybe, but definitely not beans.

Roger: What were you going to say?

RO: Uh, nothing! I was about to say that you were a water bottle that wears pants! Nothing else!

Roger: ...

Roger changes his guess from 158 to 74 years old (no offense to all those 74 year olds reading this). There was no way a 158 year old would be this bad at making excuses.

Roger: You were going to say werewolf, right?

RO: No.

Roger: Let me guess. Were you going tell me that I'm a window with pants on?

RO: Nope, I was going to say wolf. But that actually wasn't what Ruby and I were talking about.

Roger: ...

RO takes Roger's silence as a sign of him thinking of slaughtering RO. RO ignores Choice C and picks the secret option. Choice E: None of the above.

RO: I think I'm going to make a run for it. Bye, Roger!

Roger: Bye...

Roger decides to let RO go and ask Ruby instead, even though she didn't give the greatest answers. He had heard enough to know that RO was about to tell her that he was a wolf. Apparently, Ruby was one of the people who still didn't know about his past. Natalia, of course, was the first to find out. Speaking of which...

Roger: You can come out now.

A bush near his right rustles and, after a few seconds, Natalia gradually appears before him.

Natalia: Shouldn't you be hiding? You know tonight's a full moon.

Roger: I still have plenty of daylight left. And aren't you going to ask how I knew you were there?

Natalia: I did it on purpose. I needed to converse with you.

Roger: What is it?

Natalia: The object is interfering with the balance of the Land of Dawn. Alice is getting out of control, Alucard is doing things out of character, and Lancelot seems to be in a dark mood lately.

Roger: Alice is always like that. As for the others, give them some time. I'm sure things will settle down.

Natalia: ...I shall consider your response.

She vanishes into the bushes once more. In reality, Natalia was not relieved. She had already known something big was going to happen. But whether it would be good or bad was a complete mystery to her.

Next up: Natalia, the ultimate stalker!

Sorry about the slow uploads; yesterday was a busy day. Anyways, hope you enjoyed, and as always, see you in the next chapter!