Madelaine Petsch: ComicCon

I watched the little screen proudly as my red-headed girlfriend spoke confidently up on stage. I was off to the left of the main stage at WonderCon. The cast of Riverdale were currently hosting the panel. A burst of laughter ripples through the audience at something Cole said. Then the presenter stepped forward.

"So, Madelaine, I heard you've got your girlfriend with you today?" The crowd shuffled whilst she blushed. Her cast mates wiggled their eyebrows and nudged her.

"Yes, Y/N is backstage right now." A few oohs and ash's broke out in the audience. I but my lip nervously.

"How did you guys meet?" The presenter asked.

"Well that's a long story." I smiled at the memory of our first meeting. "Basically, it was a mutual friends' party, and we were the only sober ones there. So we talked and that led to some lips-on-lips action," The presenter oohed in a high-pitched voice "which led to her waking up in my bed the next morning."

Suddenly Lili and Camila burst out laughing.

"Sorry, we just remembered the time when Y/N came to set one day and we caught them...you know.." a few inappropriate hand gestures from Cami "on the table in Pop's." Both Madelaine and I blushed crimson red. That was an embarrassing day.

"So how do you guys feel about Madelaine and Y/N?" Said the presenter.

"Oh, OTP!" Lili said.

"I second that." KJ replied.

"The cutest couple!" Casey chimed in. And, as if reading my mind, Coke said he vetted I was blushing right now.

"Why don't we see? Y/N, come up here!" Lili yelled. My heart raced. What? Go on stage? But then the crowd started cheering and clapping. My feet moved of their own accord over to the stairs.

Before I knew it, I was on stage, the audience sheering my name and filling me with confidence. I stride over to Madelaine and waited for her to make the next move. Her brown eyes darted down to my lips. Still, I waited. Then she closed the gap between us and pressed her lips to mine. The room erupted into roars and cheering. I wrapped my arms around her waist and closed my eyes.

"Like I said, OTP!" Lili shouted over the commotion. I pulled away from Madelaine and sat down on her chair, pulling her into my lap.

In that moment, looking out at the audience, surrounded by my friends and holding the love of my life, I couldn't have been happier. That is until said love turned in my lap and whispered in my ear.

"I love you so much baby girl."

"I love you more." I replied, before kissing her cheek and allowing her to carry on with the panel.

And even if I was in an alien setting, experiencing a whole new situation, with Madelaine in my lap, I knew I was safe, grounded and home.

******

Ok, sappy I know but I've had this idea for ages and I just had to write it down. As always, requests are more than welcome!!!