Tiera Skovbye: Night Troubles

As soon as I opened my eyes and saw that it was just as dark in the room as when I'd had them closed, I groaned quietly. This had been happening for weeks now. I would wake up in the middle of the night for no reason and not be able to fall back asleep for hours. I tried in vain to get comfortable and drift off again, but I was wide awake.

With as little movement as possible so as not to wake my sleeping girlfriend beside me, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and got up. Grabbing my grey hoodie, I walked over to the balcony door. Turning around, I looked back at Tiera. She was wearing one of my big t-shirts, her favourite one to sleep in, and had a peaceful look on her beautiful face. I sighed. She was aware of my night troubles, and had made me promise to wake her up if it happened again. I shook my head and quietly opened the door, walking out onto the balcony.

When we had moved in together, it was a mutual agreement that we would have a balcony. I had wanted it for a quiet place to do my work, she had wanted it for the stunning view of New York.

I leant against the railing and looked out over the city. Even in the middle of the night, the roads were full of cars and most buildings still had lights on. I smiled softly to myself. If I had to wait to fall back asleep, seeing this view would occupy me for the time being.

Half an hour later, and I hadn't moved from my spot against the railing. As much as I had tried, I was still wide awake. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the balcony door opening or footsteps padding towards me. A familiar pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind as Tiera put her chin on my shoulder. I closed my eyes, annoyed at myself for waking her.
"Can't sleep?" She murmured, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I shook my head and she sighed gently. "Baby, why didn't you get me up?"
"You looked so peaceful." She chuckled quietly and nuzzled her nose into my neck. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Tiera slowly turned me around in her arms so I was facing her.
"Why are you sorry?" She breathed, an incredulous look on her gorgeous face. She brought her hands up to cup my face.
"I didn't want to burden you with this." She smiled the smile I loved so much and leant in, pressing her lips to mine. I placed my hands on her hips and kissed her back. Her lips were always so soft and inviting. In the 3 years we had been together, I would always tell her how much I loved kissing her. She kissed like someone who had all the time in the world, slow and passionate.

She pulled away and gazed into my eyes.
"Baby, your problems are my problems. Your burden is my burden." I smiled at her and pecked her lips again. "Now come on, let's try and get some sleep." I allowed her to take my hand and lead me back into the bedroom. I clambered into bed and she slid in behind me, wrapping an arm around my waist, spooning me. Her other hand came up and began stroking my hair, pressing a kiss to it every now and then.

After a few moments of silence, my eyelids began to get heavy. My breathing evened out.
"I love you, baby." She murmured.
"I love you too, T."

********
For those who don't know who she is, she plays Polly Cooper on Riverdale and Robin in OUAT. Can we take a moment to appreciate her beauty??!!