Kara Danvers: In Love With Kara Danvers

I shut my eyes and breathed in deeply, enjoying the cool evening air. The sounds for the living room were muffled. Family Game Night. My brother Winn had convinced me to come along. At first it was bearable, fun even. But then Mon-El started getting cosy with Kara. I tried to ignore it, but it's hard when the girl you have feelings for is snuggling with some jerk. I'd excused myself to get some fresh air.

Stood on the balcony, I felt so incredibly weak. I couldn't just man up and tell her. So many times I'd tried to, but always flaked out at the last second. She didn't even know I liked girls. I'd tried going on dates with other girls, but I'd never gotten over her. Kara, with her persistent enthusiasm, her puppy-dog blue eyes and her heart of gold. Kara, who never gave up. Kara, the girl who had stolen my heart.

My thoughts were interrupted by the quiet squeak of the balcony door being opened.
"Hey." The soft voice of the girl I'd just been thinking about came from behind me. I have her a faint smile before gazing up at the stars. "The game's over." I nodded, absent-minded. "You've been out here for a while."
"I guess." I replied, not really knowing what to say. We stood in silence for a moment. Kara came and leant on the ledge next to me.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah." I sighed and folded my hands together. Despite my inner conflict, I felt at peace out here, with the faint sounds of cars below me and the picturesque night-sky above me, the moon giving everything a pretty silver glow.
"What are you thinking about?" Kara asked, turning to face me. I kept my gaze on the dark silhouettes of the buildings in front of me.
"Nothing, really." You, I wanted to blurt out. She stayed silent and we surveyed the landscape in front of us.

"It's such a pretty view, isn't it?" She murmured. I looked at her.
"Yeah it is." I said more to myself than her. "Beautiful." A strand of her blonde hair wisped around her temple and I resisted the urge to tuck it behind her ear.
"Y/N?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you-uh, do you like Mon-El?" A laugh passed my lips before I could stop it. Kara looked at me quizzically.
"Why would you think that?" I asked once I had control of myself.
"It's just that whenever he gets close to me, you close off or leave the room." I chuckled once more.
"No, I don't like Mon-El, Kara." She frowned a little, her eyebrows knitted together in a way that could only be described as adorable. "So why do you go all quiet then?" I bit my lip.
"I don't like Mon-El." Realisation dawned on Kara's face.
"Oh."
"Yeah."

I fiddled with my hands nervously. Kara was silent beside me. Then, I felt a warm hand on my cheek. I looked up to see Kara staring into my eyes, one hand on my face, the other coming up to rest on my shoulder. My heart raced. My gaze fell to her full, pink lips. We stared at each other for a beat before leaning in.

Our lips touched tenderly for the first time. Electricity fizzed through every fibre of my being. I gently placed my hands on her waist and closed my eyes. Our mouths moved and fit together perfectly. I felt like all my worried and anxieties had been completely dissolved.

The kiss was innocent and soft. I slowly pulled away and rested my forehead against hers. Her eyes were still shut.
"Wow." She breathed. I nodded slightly. I felt a world away from Mon-El and my brother and Family Game Night.
"Kara." She opened her gorgeous blue eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Of course." She replied. A grin stretched across my face helplessly. I pecked her lips once more.
"We should probably get out of the cold." I said, my arms still wrapped around her waist. She nodded, took my hand and led me inside.

"I KNEW IT!!!" Maggie exclaimed as soon as we stepped inside. Alex handed over $10 to her girlfriend and Winn gave me a thumbs up. Mon-El looked mildly disappointed but managed a smile. James clapped his big hands together. Kara and I blushed.

For the rest of the evening, we watched a movie. Kara snuggled between my arms on the couch and everyone awed at us. Every so often, I would place a kiss on her cheek.

When everyone was gone, Kara invited me to sleep over. I immediately agreed. We stayed up until 2AM, talking about everything and nothing. And when she fell asleep in my arms, I looked down at her peaceful face and realised something; I loved her. I was in love with Kara Danvers.

********
I really enjoyed writing this one, as I hope you'll enjoy reading it!