Betty Cooper: Not Good Enough

On the outside, I probably looked like I was enjoying some quality time with my best friends. On the inside, however, I was falling to pieces. My heart was pounding as the voices in my head began to rise. Telling me I was a freak, that I didn't deserve friends like the ones sat around me. Saying that the blonde girl with her hand in mine didn't love me, shouldn't love me. I didn't deserve to be loved by her or anyone else.

"Y/N!" I snapped back to reality at the sound of Veronica calling my name. I smiled up at her, faking contentment. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah, you seem really out of it." Kevin added. Jughead and Archie turned to me, their mouths pressed into lines from concern. I drew my eyebrows together in mock confusion.
"Yeah, I'm fine." Just slowly being torn apart by my unstable mind. Betty squeezed my hand softly. I turned to see worry in her ocean blue eyes. I tried to smile at her as my head began to hurt. A frown appeared on her gorgeous face. She seemed to see through my facade. Of course she does, my subconscious said, you're broken and she'll realise you're not good enough for her sooner or later.

Betty's frown deepened as I let out a low whimper. Freak. My brain felt like it was being compressed by the sheer weight of the voices. I tried my absolute best to not show how much pain I was in. You're not good enough for her. My hands began to tremble and my girlfriend noticed, worry turning into alarm as she realised what was happening. She was aware of my frequent episodes, having struggled with anxiety herself. You don't deserve her.
"Shut up." I whispered and clenched my eyes shut. Everyone in the group had gone silent. The pressure in my head was becoming unbearable.

Freak. Broken. Not good enough. I clutched my head in my hands.
"Shut up!" I growled, but the voices got louder and louder. In the background, I could hear my friends anxious voices. My head felt like it was splitting open. I moaned in pain and I felt a pair of warm hands cup my face.

"Baby." The voice of my girlfriend broke through the chorus of voices in my head. "Baby, look at me."
"I c-can't, Betty. They're so loud." I wailed, tears falling down my face.
"I know, Y/N, I know. But I need you to focus on me." I gazed into her eyes and grasped my head tighter. She smiled encouragingly at me. "You're doing great, baby." The voices began to fade, as did the pain.

Betty kept mumbling sweet things to me as I calmed down. I noticed that the rest of the group had left us alone. I kept taking deep breaths until I was sure I had control of myself. Betty opened her arms and I snuggled into her, clutching her hand tightly.
"Thank you." I muttered into her chest as she stroked my hair soothingly. "For always sticking by me." She presses a kiss to my forehead.
"I'll always stick by you, baby. Now and forever."
"Now and forever." I repeated her words, taking comfort in them as fatigue washed over me and I closed my eyes.

********
Deep, right? Anyways, I just hit 1k reads!!!!! Wtf??!!!! Thank you guys so much!!!!