T W E N T Y F O U R

Her head hurt, not like a stabby jabby pain but like a dull pain being washed round and round through her skull, it made her head spin and make her feel nauseous. Pidge groans in pain as she tries to bring her hand up to her head but is restraint by the cold metal shackles around her wrists. She searches the room frantically wanting to know where she was and what happened, she glances around the dimly lit room, only illuminated by a dull purple glow, to find three familiar figures tied by the wrists to the wall all wearing the same amour as herself but the main difference was that they were yellow, red and blue.

Panic rushes through her and she struggles against the shackles, not again, she can't be help captive by the Galra, not again, not after what happened last time. She continues to tug at the shackles trying to loosen them or break free from them, anything to get away from this hell like place. Hot tears begin to slip down her cheeks as her muscles go weak and she begins to give up pulling and tugging.

Pidge closes her eyes tight, if she thinks hard enough she will probably wake up in her bed back at the castle, this is all a bad dream, it has to be. More tears slip down her cheeks and she begins to quietly sob.

the light sounds of chains hitting each other pull her out of thought, she opens her hazel eyes, tears blurring her vision, but she has the outline of one of the others moving around and tugging at the chains, she blinks away the tears clearing her vision to see Keith with a small blade in his hands fiddling with the lock.

Keith facial expressions were stern and concentrated as he picked at the lock of the shackles, his hands were steady like he knew what he was doing... who was she kidding, of course Keith knew what he was doing, Keith the edgy boy who lived in the middle of nowhere for who knows how long, heck no one even knows the real reason why he got kicked out of the Garrison.

Keith places the blade of the knife between his teeth as he looks up, glancing quickly at Hunk and Pidge, before moving his focus to the unconscious Lance laying across the room from him he sighs before lowering his head to his hands and grabbing the dagger out of his mouth going back to trying to pick the lock. For a split second Pidge could have sworn his facial expressions had softened.

More tears slip down Pidge's cheeks, as she heard a whisper from besides her.

"Pidge" It was Hunk, "hey, it's okay, Allura and Coran will find us, we will get out of here okay?" he sadly smiles at the girl.

Pidge gave him a weak smile. At least he was trying, trying to see the light out of an extremely dark situation, like seeing the light at the end of a tunnel, but this time the tunnel was endless, just an endless array of darkness, there was no use in hope - no use in trying to find the light: because there isn't any, not this time anyway.

The jingle of keys was heard outside the door before the the door unlocked and swung opened revealing three Galra guards. one of the three guard had a general uniform on with a scar that reached right across the left side of their face and part way down their neck, whist the other two had regular uniforms on.

Where was Shiro when you need him, he would have activated his glowing fist and single handedly take down every Galra on this ship, but he was no where to be seen.

Pidge's breathing hitched at the site of the guards, they are going to take her, she can feel it. They are going to take her back to Haggar.

the general looks around the room at each of the others before locking eyes with her, he smirks as he raises his arm pointing his finger in her direction.

his voice was raspy but very stern "take the girl" he demanded to the other two guards.

Pidge filled with dread and panic at his words, the two guards walk in her direction to be stopped by a familiar voice.

"don't" Lance said sternly leaning on his elbow trying to push himself up into a sitting position.

Anger and rage filled the expression of the general as he turned his attention towards the blue paladin.

the general's raspy voice echoing through the cell, "what did you just say!" he yelled, placing the barrel of his gun between Lances eyebrows.

Lance showed no expressions, he just stared back straight back locking eye contact with the general. most people in his position would cower and plead for their life, but not Lance, he sat there with an armed gun pressed against his skull, expressionless.

"don't you touch her" Lance hissed.

The general laughed at Lance's attempts to be brave "I could put a bullet straight through your head right now" he threatened.

"what's stopping you?" Lance spat back as he never broke eye.

"Zarkon wants you alive" The general said lowering his gun from Lances skull.

A bit of relief washed over lance as the gun was lowered.

The general knelt down in front of Lance, making it so they were staring face to face inches apart. "if it was up to me I would end your pathetic life for you" the guards laughed at the generals comment.

Lance does saw anything, he just spits in the generals face.

The general flinches in disgust, prompting himself back up to his feet and placing his gun against Lances head once more.

"on second thought, Zarkon wouldn't even care if one of the five paladins are dead" He smirks, raising the gun back up to Lances skull and pulling the trigger.

-------

wc: 1001

15 votes for an update next monday