Chapter 24

Chapter 24

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

School was a drag today and I didn't really pay much attention to any of the lectures that the teachers were saying. Technically I didn't gave a damn on it. Still I had noticed Bella was acting strange, that and she had a bandage wrapped around her arm. The Cullen's were a bit out of it as well. I had known something was wrong and I hated it. I didn't want anyone to hurt Bella. Why I said that I have no clue why.

I was waiting outside in the parking lot on my own waiting beside Bella's crappy orange truck. She was walking beside an even more depressed Edward. I watched as Bella tried to kiss Edward good bye and went inside the truck. I gave Edward a hard stare when Bella drove out of the parking lot.

She had dropped me off at home and I was practically alone. I smiled happily, I liked to be on my own. I went into the kitchen and pulled out a glass and poured out a bit of water. Then I went to the living room and sat on the couch and watched a bit of tv. Sadly there was nothing on and I shut it off and sighed loudly and laid down on the couch. I shut my eyes and waited till I fell asleep but it wasn't coming to me so easily.

"Well....don't you look exhausted" I heard a voice say making me jump completely.

I quickly sat up and came face to face with an amused Amun. He held a satisfied smile on his face and I simply rolled my eyes wondering why I didn't sense him.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"That...show up without me knowing...it's like you vanished...your scent completely disappears and you're too quiet" I stated as I crossed my arms.

Amun laughed lightly. "My dear Bastet...it is a gift that I can do...I can make anything seem as if it is vanished...I is a trick I learned over the thousands of years I have been immortal"

"Trick?...you call making your scent vanish into thin air a trick? It's much more than a gift" I said lightly.

"It took many years of practice but I perfected it...and the result is that I am allowed to sneak on my prey and enemy with being heard seen of smelt....I can even perform it on other people"

Amun said in a light tone. His eyes quickly met mine and I was disappointed when I looked into his blood red eyes. I sighed lightly and pushed Amun away from me.

"I think I'm going to go see Jake" I said lightly as I stood up and grabbed my jacket.

"Shall I escort you?" Amun asked as he casually opened the door.

"No...I can walk there" I said awkwardly before leaving the house.

"Remember this Bastet...I will be watching over you"

I smiled lightly before nodding my head in approval. "Just don't get caught" I stated and quickly walked into the forest.