Chapter 36

Chapter 36

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

Its been almost a week and Jake doesn't want to pay attention to me at all. It's all about Bella. I wasn't going to have this, I wanted to find out what Jake thought of Bella and I plan of finding out the truth from Quil and Embry. I know for a fact that they would tell me. I found them by the beach just walking around. When I approached them they showed me their bright smiles that always seemed to cheer me up a bit.

"Hey Kitty Kat what's going on?" Embry asked.

"I need to know something Embry...what's Jake's take on Bella?" I asked.

"Bela? What do you mean? Jake's cool with Bella" Quil said.

"Wait you're not jealous are you?" Embry asked.

My face turned red, not from embaressment but from anger. "Tell me what's his deal with Bella now!"

"Ok ok...relax...We went to see Jake yesterday and he was talking about Bella and how she's his girlfriend or something like that" Embry said as he held his hands up defensively.

"Girlfriend?! What the hell is going through his head?"

"What's wrong Kat? I mean aren't you Jake's girlfriend?" Quil stated.

"Nothing's wrong with me...but I'm going to fix Jake right now" I said as I quickly left being followed by Quil and Embry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was nearing Jake's house I could hear the sound of Jake's old radio playing and the sound of clinging metal. When the radio was turned off my ears perked up when I heard Jake speaking.

"That's a good song...you don't like it?" Jake asked Bella.

"I don't really like music anymore...kind of"

"Ok...no more music" Jake said all too willingly which agrivated me.

"So I was thinking if we're gonna be doing this every day...and hopefully we will we have to like fit some homework in there somewhere...I don't want Billy thinking that I'm a bad influence on you" Bella said.

"You influence me? Please" Jake scoffed.

"Are you...I'm older than you so that makes me the influencer and you the influencee"

The sound of Jake's laughter chered me up a bit but when he was laughing with Bella it irritated me.

"No no no...my size and knowledge base actually makes me older than you because of your general lack of paleness and lack of know-how"

"I convinced you to build two-wheeled death machines with me don't you think that makes you kind of young and naive?"

"Ok...so where do we stand?"

"I'm 35 and you might be like 32"

"Come on" I heard Jake whisper.

Quil and Embry both gave me weird looked but then shrugged it off and went straight to the garage and knocked on the door.

"Yo Jake you there?" Quil asked.

"It's ok Bella...it's just my boys" Jake explained as Quil and Embry walked in, I decided to stay outside for a while.

"Hey Jake" Quil said quietly.

"Hey guys...this is Bella...Bella that's Quil and Embry"

"I'm Quill Ateara..." I rolled my eyes at the sound of Quil's voice. "So the bike building story is true"

"Oh yeah yeah...I taught him everything he knows" Bella fooled.

"What about the part where you're his girl friend?" Quil asked.

I smirked and slowly entered the room with my arms crossed. "Yes Jake enlighten me...tell me why you would call Bella your girlfriend?" I asked.

Jake's eyes opened wide and his mouth was opened slightly. He was speechless and for the first time he didn't know what to say to me.

"Uh..." I heard Bella speak awkwardly. "We're friends you know" Bella explained.

"I didn't ask you the question did I Bella? No I didn't I asked Jake now shut your fucking mouth before I rip it off" I hissed out.

"Burn" Embry said as he laughed with Quil.

"Actually..." Jake started to explain. "Remember I said she's a girl and a friend"

"Embry do you remember him making that distinction?" Quil asked making this matter much
worse.

"Nope" Embry answered.

"So you guys have girlfriends? That's awsome" Bella said trying to lighten the mood.

I gave her a glare and she went silent. Jake however just laughed and went with Bella and tried to lighten the tension.

"Yeah righ...Quil's actually taking his cousin to prom"

"Yeah that's still a riot" Quil said unamused. "You want funny Black I'll give you funny" Quil said as he tok on Jake.

I rolled my eyes as they started to wrestle. I hated it when I wasn't taken seriously. I needed Jake's attention and I plan on getting it. I went through Jakes tools and quickly found a large heavy tool that seemed good enough. Embry gave me a weird look and watched as I threw the tool against the garage wall. A loud sound rang through the garage making Quil and Embry stop their horseplay.

"What the hell Katelyn!" Jake shouted and looked straight at me.

"I came here to talk to you Jake! I won't have you ignoring me!" I shouted back making my voice a bit louder than Jake's.

"Well now you have my attention! But do you really have to act this way?! What's wrong with you!"

"What's wrong with me?! Jake what's wrong with me is you!" I yelled feeling my body on the verge of phasing. "I'm not even going to bother with you Jacob Black! You're a waste of my time!" I yelled again and walked out of the garage.

"No you're not walking away from me!" Jake shouted and followed me. "Katelyn! Stop walking and talk to me!"

"No! Why should I waste my time when you'd rather spend your precious time with Bella!"

"You're getting the wrong idea Katelyn..."Jake said as he lowered his tone and slowly appoached
me.

"Stay away from me Jake!" I shouted. "Just stay away from me if you don't want to get hurt!"

"Hurt me? Katelyn...what are you talking about?" Jake muttered out.

"Just leave me alone..I'm going to Sam's" I said through clentched teeth and quickly ran away.