Chapter 43

Chapter 43

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I found myself sitting on Jake's bike just staring at him. I smiled lightly at how he was working hard on one particular piece. It was too funny and I couldn't help but laugh. Jake suddenly looked up at me and raised his eyebrows at me. At this point I couldn't keep my act straight.

"What's so funny?" Jake asked.

"Nothing..." I said simply.

"Nothing? Really then why are you laughing?"

"No...it's nothing really...I mean it's stupid..."

"Nothing that comes out of your mouth is ever stupid to me" Jake whispered lightly.

I smirked as his hands took my waist and he placed soft kisses on my neck. I bit my lip softly as I felt Jake bite my neck. I suppressed a moan as Jake bit into my sweet spot which seemed to bug him. I threw my arms around his neck and brought his lips to mine, and as we shared a passionate kiss I could hear a high pitched whistle. My ears hurt slightly and I moaned out in
irritation and pushed Jake away.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked a bit pissed off.

"Alex...he's calling to me...my guess is that he's with Sam not too far from here" I explained. "We should get going" I said as I quickly got off of the bike.

Jake followed behind me in the pouring rain. My irritation grew when I saw Bella's crappy orange truck pull up.

"Just keep walking" Jake whispered to me. "Ignore her"

"That goes to you too" I warned.

Jake and I continued to walk and ignored Bella, but when I heard her door slam shut I turned around.

"Jake! Hey!" Bella yelled out.

I watched as Jake turned around to face Bella.

"What do you want Bella?!" I raised my voice slightly.

Bella however ignored my question. "You cut your hair off? And got a tattoo?"

"Bella..." Jake said softly as he avoided eye contact.

"I thought you were too sick to come outside? Or pick up the phone when I call"

"Go away" Jake said simply.

"What?" Bella asked.

"He said go away Bella...open your ears and listen if you know what's good for you" I said as I took Jake's arm and walked away.

Bella of course had other plans so she took a hold of Jake's arm and kept him where he stood. "What's wrong with you?...what happened? Did Sam get to you is that's what's happening?"

"Sam's trying to help me don't blame him" Jake said as he was getting slightly angry. "But if you
want someone to blame how about those filthy blood suckers you love the Cullen's?" Jake's voice was filled so much hate.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Bella said, trying to keep it cool.

I scoffed. "You know exactly what he's talking about Bella so don't play dumb...you've been lying to everyone Bella...Charlie...you're friends...and here's one person you can't lie to Bella...you can't lie to Jake" I said in an intimidating tone.

"Jacob! Katelyn!" I heard Sam's voice call out to us from the forest.

"Look Bella...we can't be friends anymore" Jake said simply.

Bella began to cry as Jake said those words. "Look Jake I know that I've been hurting you...its
killing me...it kills me...I just need...maybe give me like some time or something"

"Look don't...it's not you" Jake said.

"It's not you it's me right? really?"

"It's true...it is me...I'm not good...I used to be a good kid..not anymore" Jake said.

"This doesn't even matter alright Bella...it's over between you and Jake" I stated.

"You can't break up with me" Bella said as her tears mixed in with the rain.

"He was never really you're boyfriend Bella" I stated again.

"I mean...you're my best friend...and you promised me"

"I know...I promised I wouldn't hurt you Bella...and this is me keeping that promise...go home and
don't come back or you're gonna get hurt" Jake said as he took my hand and ran to Sam.

I turned my head and looked back and saw a confused and hurt Bella. I smiled in satisfaction as
she walked back to her orange truck and drove off.